What I want and don't want in the draft

James Lofton

I think we could use at least one more DL in the event that either Mo Wilkerson and/or Monty Adams doesn't/don't work out or Dean Lowry plateaus/regresses. We know what we have out of Daniels and Clark, but the other three guys are big ?'s at this point IMHO. There are guys on Day 3, like Andrew Brown, who need a little coaching, but have the basic tools to contribute. Totally agree with the RB's unless it's a late flyer on Scarborough. I'm excited to see what Jamaal Williams can do as a featured back. I was wrong on Andrew Jones last year and think he'll take a step forward as well. Monty's going to be a bit of a joystick this year from what I'm reading. Sure he's a RB, but apparently he'll be lining up a lot at receiver and won't be solely a RB. Should be interesting to watch.

What I want:

First round edge or DB.
Second, third or fourth round WR/DB/TE
Third, fourth round OL
Best player available at any position starting in the 5th.

What I DON'T want:

First round IOL, TE, WR.

I would be OKAY with a first round offensive tackle, but I would really rather have us take a pass rusher, DB or LVE.  Difference maker on defense. 

Just now, Joe said:

I think we could use at least one more DL in the event that either Mo Wilkerson and/or Monty Adams doesn't/don't work out or Dean Lowry plateaus/regresses.

Later rounds?  3-5?  Absolutely.  With a premium pick (first/second), I think we gotta focus on our weaknesses before we get insurance for a strength. 

What I want is for my family to come over--because they insist, eat dinner, light the candles, sing happy birthday to me in harmony 'cause they are like that, eat the danged cake, and get the he## out before the draft starts.

What I don't want is a trade up to ten while I open up a pretty package with a Packer tie inside.

Thinking about this, the greatest need is CB. At Edge there is CMIII, Perry, Biegel, and Gilbert. Also Fackrell, and possible a middle round draft choice. I'm fine with that.

At CB there is King, House, Williams, Pipkins, Hawkins, and Waters. Although there is some age/injury concerns at Edge they are not nearly as bad as the age/injury concerns at CB.

So (deep breath) what I want are CBs. Lots of them! If Ward or Fitzpatrick don't slide down to #14, then trade down and take Oliver, and then Meeks, and maybe one more in the mid-rounds.

Don't want:

Landry or Davenport at #14

Want:

BPA at #14; Chubb, Ward, James, Smith, Nelson, Edmunds, all we be impactful at their given positions. If none of these guys are available at #14 trade back and gain an additional 2nd or 3rd and pick J. Alexander in Rd. 1

28 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I don't want any players drafted to play a different position than they did in college. 

I think this is the first time I've ever disagreed with you lol

I just don't have the phobia of moving guys. 

IDK why but it reminds me of how we couldn't consider pass rushers from FSU for a decade

Archived