Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pistons should honestly think about firing Stan Van Gundy and blowing this up. He's terrible at drafting, I mean everyone was screaming for Donovan Mitchell and he drafts Kennard cause... whatever he can shoot threes apparently or something... Idk. Didn't like Henry Elleson selection either I liked Levert not that I loved him though.

Resigning Drummond and trading for/resigning Reggie Jackson was terrible. They need to send SG Avery Bradley/ F Tobias Harris to Cleveland in a package for the Brooklyn pick, but I don't think he's the guy that'll do it. In fact based off most everything I read he doesn't believe in rebuilding...

Drummond needs to be sent to anyone that would take him. So in essence he has to be fired and someone else promoted to clean up the mess because I don't think he'll do it himself or allow Bower to make futuristic moves like moving players for picks and dumping good players with high salary.

Edited by SimbaWho

Lol, great discussion. Obviously you are pumped about letting them go.

Only thought process is that the Cav's are the only team in the league right now with a top 10 selection and willing to trade it for talent. Pistons have about the best option out there if they want to let go of an expiring in Avery Bradley plus Harris. It's attractive enough for the Cav's to pull the trigger... Just gets tricky on who comes back our way(bad contracts) and how much more needs to be added to the deal. ( Like both first rounder's and a possible future 1st round pick. )

I mean they're not winning anything around here, why not blow it up. Bradley is an expiring and yeah we can offer more money but if he hits the open market and the most money isn't the most important thing Pistons haven't got a great chance to resign him. Who'd give more than the Cav's right now being it basically Lebrons last year also?

In this draft, there are a lot of good players in the top of the draft. Trea Young looks great imo but about 15 players from this draft look like good everyday NBA players with about 4-6 being special possibly. imo. It's a smart year to attempt to rebuild/restock a team/franchise.

I've watched some not much of the Pistons this year, but when I see them they seem like phonies is all. They're not as good as the record suggest and honestly they got WORST than they were last year imo trading for Avery Bradley, and letting KCP walk. Not that I love KCP but he's better than Stanley Johnson, and the move for Bradley has resulted in starting Johnson/Bullock. I would of been way more comfortable pretty much standing pat and drafting Donovan Mitchell like everyone and there mother thought we would when he was available to us. He's also nixed trade speculation/rumors/ possibly deals for Reggie Jackson. Most recent in mind is Eric Bledsoe. Come out so public in his defense that he seemed like it was laughable to suggest the idea even though Bledsoe is clearly the better player.

Anyways the point really is that Stan Van Gundy is consistently keeping the Pistons mediocre and making the wrong moves to improve above the fringe playoff picture... and should prolly be fired based of his talent evaluation imo. I mentioned the trade to Cleveland because it was about the only way I see adding a top 10 1st round pick(didn't neccessarly mean by itself but still about the only attain about top 10 pick imo. )

13 hours ago, catcheryea said:

yeah sorry not gonna read 500 words from someone who thinks cleveland traded kyrie just to get back avery bradley and tobias harris

sue me

LMAO! Wow. No wonder why no one post. Such arrogant posters. Cleveland would have to package in a bad contract or two which adds value too, and they also got the right to extend Isaiah Thomas to a max contract in the offseason when LeBron's leaves to keep the team competitive in the east for at least another season. Not to mention they'll be heavy favorites with Avery Bradley/ Tobias Harris on the roster. Great starters but great depth.

Isaiah Thomas

Avery Bradley

Lebron James

Tobias Harris

Kevin Love

Idk why you even come to look at post if you don't respond in a sports FORUM... Cool goat weirdo. Can't wait to hear when the Pistons are first in the east again from you.

Edited by SimbaWho

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, catcheryea said:

yeah sorry not gonna read 500 words from someone who thinks cleveland traded kyrie just to get back avery bradley and tobias harris

sue me

I am pretty sure Cleveland will trade that pick if the right situation arises.  They traded Kyrie because they had to, he didn't want to be there and that was their best return.  Its not like they went out and said I need that Brooklyn pick and did what they had to to get it. 

That being said, I doubt they trade it for Bradley and Harris.  But would be all for it.  The pick is losing value as Brooklyn is not a clear cut top 3 pick right now.  But I do hate this team.  There is nobody on this team that I really like and root for.  I have been saying trade Drummond for 4 years and it looks like we probably waited too long.  I do think the Cavs would be more interested in Drummond for TT and the Brooklyn pick.  I want the team to be blown up.  We need talent that can improve and we have a bunch of mid level talent that has peaked.

http://hoopshype.com/2018/01/15/kemba-walker-trade-rumors-charlotte-hornets-detroit-pistons/

The trade suggestion was something along these lines...

Pistons trade, PG Reggie Jackson, Stanley Johnson or Luke Kennard.

Hornest trade, PG Kemba Walker.

An then just has a few tid bits in the article how there are some sprinkles of familiarity within the Pistons coaching staff/players. Also notes that the NYK's might be conteders/interested in Walker.

If a first round pick isn't thrown in the mix I think this is a really good trade for the Pistons if Charlotte would do it. I feel like they're getting fleeced with the suggested proposed from the article. Anyways though, Kemba Walker is really good at the Pick and roll, and scores lots of points this way. Andre Drummond is good at the pick and roll himself and score lots of points this way as well. The Pistons do get better with Kemba Walker on this team, it's just Pistons will basically have to commit to him, which to me is fine but he'll likely be max money.

Here's to maybe trying to pull a Rabbit out of the Hat.

Edited by SimbaWho

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:24 PM, SimbaWho said:

Any day now the franchise can throw the fans a bone and just fire Stan Van Gundy.

Agreed.  This group of guys he put together were never going to be more than a 7/8 seed.  People ran Joe D out of town for having far more success that SVG, I am guessing the lack of uproar is just showing the bandwagon has been emptied and nobody cares right now.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/if-luck-equally-dispersed-its-time-pistons-had-little-thrown-their-way

If luck is equally disbursed over time, then it should be about ready to sprinkle a little gold dust on the Pistons.

Wow?!? LOL Did Tom Gores write this himself or his team of people? Wah, wah for the Pistons, lol. what a lousy article seriously....

Well, no surprise here either. Avery Bradley is being publically available now, surprised STILL that Stan Van Gundy is our coach/president. I mean they must, MUST be waiting till the end of the year though I don't trust Stan and Co. to make the right moves with Bradley or any assets they move. Anyone on an interim bases could do an equal job imo wheeling and dealing.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22253366/detroit-pistons-make-avery-bradley-available-trade-talks

The Detroit Pistons have made starting shooting guard Avery Bradley available in trade talks, league sources told ESPN.