Texas_OutLaw7

Who should we draft?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who should we draft?

• DJ Moore - WR - Maryland
    • Isaiah Wynn - OL - Georgia
    • Leighton Vander Esch - LB - Boise State

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/26/2018 at 11:54 PM

30 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

Based on countless (zero) hours of film study, I like Leighton Vander Esch.

At least you are honest and for that you shoot up the list of my favorite posters!

OUTSIDE OF THAT -

Vander Esch has the range, potential, cover ability, skill set and size the team has tried to draft several times and barely missed out on(Thompson, Shazier, Barr, Mosely)

Hes not my favorite choice here, but, it makes the most sense by need, fit, and tendency.

30 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

At least you are honest and for that you shoot up the list of my favorite posters!

OUTSIDE OF THAT -

Vander Esch has the range, potential, cover ability, skill set and size the team has tried to draft several times and barely missed out on(Thompson, Shazier, Barr, Mosely)

Hes not my favorite choice here, but, it makes the most sense by need, fit, and tendency.

The potential is there. I think he could use some refinement in coverage ability. Same as you though hes not my favorite for 19 but from the choices given he's the pick

19 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Went Wynn again. I'm confident in the depth at WR and LB, not so much at guard.

I agree depth at guard is shady.

However, I feel safe knowing I can get decent players at guard later. Depth is there in the draft, and I still think Fleming could make a good guard here - or at the least, a serviceable tackle with Collins back at guard. But likely a mid round guard could probably compete for a job early if they take the right one.

Not opposed to Wynn. Very high on him. Just think a filet mignon at every position on the line is just too much assets allocated, when a guard can be found more easily later on than many other positions.

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Went Wynn again. I'm confident in the depth at WR and LB, not so much at guard.

I think we're in a spot where we either need to take a LG in the first or second- possibly moving up in the 2nd- or move La'el and find a midround developmental OT to compete with Fleming and potentially replace him down the line.

As much as we'd all like to have 5 studs up front and stop screwing with Collins' development, I think this team probably feels more comfortable going to camp basically with what they have at OL more so than any defensive position besides CB, not to mention WR or TE. Hanna's retirement and Irving's baggage put both those spots more onto the forefront than they were a week ago (at least from an outside perspective).

A few thoughts.  Can we go into the season with Williams as our top wr?  If not #1 then he has an elevated role and expectations. In the context of this question I think wr will be the pick.  In this case it's Moore.

I think the organization believes a great ball control offense helps your QB and your defense.  I wouldn't  be surprised with Wynn or Hernandez.  Solves the puzzle at LG.

A prudent organization may zero in on Sean Lee thinking he's injury prone and not getting any younger.  We won't be extending him.  Draft his replacement now which could be LVE or Evans.

Is there any truth to some of the medical rumors about LVE?

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I think we're in a spot where we either need to take a LG in the first or second- possibly moving up in the 2nd- or move La'el and find a midround developmental OT to compete with Fleming and potentially replace him down the line.

As much as we'd all like to have 5 studs up front and stop screwing with Collins' development, I think this team probably feels more comfortable going to camp basically with what they have at OL more so than any defensive position besides CB, not to mention WR or TE. Hanna's retirement and Irving's baggage put both those spots more onto the forefront than they were a week ago (at least from an outside perspective).

I think that's reasonable. At the same time, it's clear that a dominate line is the key to success for our offense. Whether that's giving Dak confidence that he won't be under duress every other snap, or just pounding the ball with Zeke, it goes through that line. That's why I'm fine investing another first rounder, especially if he's the BPA (and I think he is in this scenario).

15 hours ago, Northland said:

A few thoughts.  Can we go into the season with Williams as our top wr?  If not #1 then he has an elevated role and expectations. In the context of this question I think wr will be the pick.  In this case it's Moore.

I think the organization believes a great ball control offense helps your QB and your defense.  I wouldn't  be surprised with Wynn or Hernandez.  Solves the puzzle at LG.

A prudent organization may zero in on Sean Lee thinking he's injury prone and not getting any younger.  We won't be extending him.  Draft his replacement now which could be LVE or Evans.

Is there any truth to some of the medical rumors about LVE?

Uhh

Hurns would be the top guy. 6mil a year and has a 1000+ yard season to his credit. Similat style to Dez as well, minus the jump ball thing - which is why we might be looking at guys like Sutton. However its not unreasonable to think we scratch the jumo ball stuff anyway, since im betting we work more horizontal this year like 2016.

Archived