When it's all said and done, pick and slot is---

51to54

54 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't know if I have a true horse in this race... let's see:

• If they go Roquan Smith I think he lines up next to Trevathan this season; next season Trevathan is cut and our starters are Smith and Kwiatkoski.
  • I could make an argument for Minkah Fitzpatrick at nickel this season and if Amos doesn't take a big step at safety he isn't re-signed and Fitzpatrick takes his job.
  • Nelson... I don't know, I don't see the need to take a guard at #8. Joe Thomas was one of the best LTs in the game and how much did he move the needle for a dog-**** Cleveland Browns franchise (and he was a LT for crying out loud -- they deserve to be picked that high -- not a LG).
  • Ward... he's smaller than what I think Fangio likes on the outside, but he's just about the right size to play nickel if you look at Callahan/Le'Blanc. He's sticky as **** in coverage and isn't afraid to come up and stick his nose in run support, so I could see an argument for him as well. Amukamara can be cut after the 2019 season and you can slide Ward into that position.

I think in my perfect world, only 3 QBs go in the top 7 and we get Miami or Buffalo to trade up to 8. From there, we should have a shot at one of the aforementioned players OR a pass rusher like Marcus Davenport or Harold Landry.

Why would we cut Trevathan?

32 minutes ago, G08 said:

Oh man... I have no idea! Is it like an adult cartoon or kid cartoon lol

Kid cartoon with some adult references and jokes.

Hint - there is a lot of historical references in this movie. My favorite part was the Oedipus joke. lol

5 minutes ago, MrChief said:

Why would we cut Trevathan?

Age and "only" a $1M cap hit -- again this is if they want the future to be Smith/Kwiatkoski.

This is why I don't like this draft, I don't like taking quality players and putting them on the bench.

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Kid cartoon with some adult references and jokes.

Hint - there is a lot of historical references in this movie. My favorite part was the Oedipus joke. lol

Hmm. I have no idea, not sure I saw it. What was it?

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

The picks will be Quenton Nelson in the 1st and Sam Hubbard in the 2nd.  Mark it down.

I would be very happy with that outcome.

Give us a WR in the 4th round and we have all of the major needs covered.

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If Nelson gets past Indianapolis, don't be so certain that the Bucs won't take him. Their interior OL is pathetic.

LG: Ali Marpet, 2nd round pick and has played really well.

C: Ryan Jensen, just made him the highest paid center in the league.

RG: J.R Sweezy, major free agent signing in 2016.

Brad Biggs was gushing over the RB talent that should be available when we pick in round 2. We might be able to "fleece" someone if they are in love with a particular player... wouldn't shock me to see us trade down and get that 3rd rounder over there.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

LG: Ali Marpet, 2nd round pick and has played really well.

C: Ryan Jensen, just made him the highest paid center in the league.

RG: J.R Sweezy, major free agent signing in 2016.

Let's go to the Bucs forum:

Apparently the medical for James is fine, so  the slight edge over Minkah for me.  I would still take Nelson over both of them

I still think Nelson is the pick over both, if he's available. So all this debating is probably moot.

No chance bucs pass on Nelson

The starting right side of the oline from last year isnt healthy.  Now I get the justification to want to replace Sweezy

Nelson will be the pick next week. Q, Jensen, and Marpet will be an elite interior for years to come.

He also had his contract reworked this year, and if you recall, he was a OG on the worst line in football...yet the Seahawks let him walk. He's pretty mediocre.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Let's go to the Bucs forum:

Apparently the medical for James is fine, so  the slight edge over Minkah for me.  I would still take Nelson over both of them

I still think Nelson is the pick over both, if he's available. So all this debating is probably moot.

No chance bucs pass on Nelson

The starting right side of the oline from last year isnt healthy.  Now I get the justification to want to replace Sweezy

Nelson will be the pick next week. Q, Jensen, and Marpet will be an elite interior for years to come.

He also had his contract reworked this year, and if you recall, he was a OG on the worst line in football...yet the Seahawks let him walk. He's pretty mediocre.

The forums always a fountain of accurate information. They could pick him, far from a lock.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The forums always a fountain of accurate information. They could pick him, far from a lock.

You were implying that due to Marpet, Jensen and Sweezy, they won't need Nelson, and I'm saying- as are Bucs fans- that Sweezy isn't any good, and after a re-worked contract, he can essentially be cut after this coming year for nothing. They won't pass on Nelson because they have JR Sweezy on the roster. They'll pass on Nelson because they have someone rated higher.

I also never said it was a lock. I just said don't be so sure that Tampa would pass on him.

Archived