MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

so that was like the biggest case of blue balls I've ever had.

Didn't realize the main event was only 3 rounds until the fight started. So disappointing. And it ended up getting interesting right before the fight ended, too.

Zabit looked really impressive in the first 2 rounds. Kattar was having real trouble dealing with Zabit's diversity, and how he strung it all together and maintained fundamentals from every position. But Zabit continues to show a question mark later in fights.

I think he first two rounds Zabit would be an interesting matchup against Holloway. but against him, or a bunch of others in the division, I'm not sure he wins a five round fight.

Depending how soon the winner of Holloway-Volk is going to fight again, Zabit might be in line for the next title shot.

But I'd really like to see him against the winner of Ortega-Zombie in a 5-round main event. Both those guys would present a really good test for him. I think they might be the two guys who are the worst stylistic matchup for Zabit in the division.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Surprised no one has said anything about the Volkov/Hardy fight. I was somewhat impressed that Hardy survived. Volkov seemed like he was fine with volume over the heavy shots

The kind of fight where both guys' stock goes up. Volkov got back in the winners circle, and took care of business like he should have. but Hardy looked much better than his experience should allow, and was able to be competitive with one of the best technical fighters in the division.

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

The kind of fight where both guys' stock goes up. Volkov got back in the winners circle, and took care of business like he should have. but Hardy looked much better than his experience should allow, and was able to be competitive with one of the best technical fighters in the division.

Not to mention didn't he break his hand or something? Announcers kept saying he stopped throwing the right