MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

conor vs. cowboy 

jan 18

ufc 246

The dumbest thing about this is that it will be at Welterweight. 

I bet Conor's plan is something along the lines of fight Cerrone at 170, Jorge at 170, beat 170 belt holder, and say "BABY WE DON IT. I'M TRIPLE CHAMP BABY. BREAK OUT DA RED PANTIES."

Wouldn't surprise me if that happened. I give him a better chance of doing this than beating Khabob. 

Also wouldn't surprise me if Cowboy head kicks him back to Crumlin.

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

What's the difference? The only difference I see is that both guys will be healthier because they don't have to cut as much weight. Doubt either guy will actually put on a significant amount of weight for it being at a higher class.

Some people act like changing weight classes makes it a completely different sport. Conor's still Conor and Cerrone's still Cerrone. It changes nothing.

Edited by Buckrock101

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

It does look like Conor's plan is to win this fight then call out the money fight with Masvidal, which I really don't like for him tbh. Masvidal's technical striking is really good, and steroid Masvidal now has scary power. I think Conor gets flatlined if that fight happens.

Steroid Masvidal?

17 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

What's the difference? The only difference I see is that both guys will be healthier because they don't have to cut as much weight. Doubt either guy will actually put on a significant amount of weight for it being at a higher class.

Some people act like changing weight classes makes it a completely different sport. Conor's still Conor and Cerrone's still Cerrone. It changes nothing.

If his big goal is getting a rematch with Khabib at the end of the year, how is fighting 2 WWs going to help him with that?

20 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:
On 11/28/2019 at 4:10 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

conor vs. cowboy 

jan 18

ufc 246

conor wanted out of the khabib business 

if conor beats cowboy, we're 100% getting conor v. jorge, which might be my favorite "paper fight" of all time because of the pressers we'd get. 

cowboy is going to get absolutely demolished in these pressers and just have to do the thing where he laughs off slams even though they're affecting him

i'm pumped for this though. would feel so wholesome to see cowboy get a big dub like this after losing every single big fight of career. he deserves this ****. 

think conor KO's him tho.

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

conor wanted out of the khabib business 

if conor beats cowboy, we're 100% getting conor v. jorge, which might be my favorite "paper fight" of all time because of the pressers we'd get. 

cowboy is going to get absolutely demolished in these pressers and just have to do the thing where he laughs off slams even though they're affecting him

i'm pumped for this though. would feel so wholesome to see cowboy get a big dub like this after losing every single big fight of career. he deserves this ****. 

think conor KO's him tho.

Colby will do the same thing to him for the WW belt than Khabib did I bet. Colby and Tony and Brian Ortega are the only fighters I give a chance to against Khabib. 

I could see Conor getting a shot that's Aldo esque against Jorge. But Colby exposes him. 

In case you noticed, I don't see Marty winning.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

If his big goal is getting a rematch with Khabib at the end of the year, how is fighting 2 WWs going to help him with that?

$$$$$ UFC doesnt give a damn about whether or not it makes sense. If it was about what makes sense in a pecking order Gaethje would get Mcgregor not Cowboy. I love Cowboy a ton but Gaethje earned this opportunity now even though Cowboy has done so much for the sport I’m not that upset he’s getting a major payday

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Colby will do the same thing to him for the WW belt than Khabib did I bet. Colby and Tony and Brian Ortega are the only fighters I give a chance to against Khabib. 

I could see Conor getting a shot that's Aldo esque against Jorge. But Colby exposes him. 

In case you noticed, I don't see Marty winning.

I did notice that, interesting

Also an Ortega v Khabib fight is intriguing although idk if Brian wants to move up