MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Yup, Edgar confirmed to take over for the Zombie fight. Not a bad fight at all, been looking forward to it since we were meant to get it a year or so ago. A little strange now though, with Edgar planning to move down already.

Would've liked Kattar or Burgos, but this is fine. Kinda happy Ortega pulled out too. I was going to have a mini crisis watching two of my favorite fighters face each other. Now I can root for Zombie in good faith.

32 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Yup, Edgar confirmed to take over for the Zombie fight. Not a bad fight at all, been looking forward to it since we were meant to get it a year or so ago. A little strange now though, with Edgar planning to move down already.

Would've liked Kattar or Burgos, but this is fine. Kinda happy Ortega pulled out too. I was going to have a mini crisis watching two of my favorite fighters face each other. Now I can root for Zombie in good faith.

Wouldn't mind Frankie getting a nice win against KZ but I just don't see it happening. He could use a win like that too. 

Word is that if Conor beats Cowboy and Khabib beats Tony, Conor and Khabib will rematch.

This makes no sense. How does 2 middle of the pack LWs fighting at WW secure a LW title fight?

29 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Wouldn't mind Frankie getting a nice win against KZ but I just don't see it happening. He could use a win like that too. 

Word is that if Conor beats Cowboy and Khabib beats Tony, Conor and Khabib will rematch.

This makes no sense. How does 2 middle of the pack LWs fighting at WW secure a LW title fight?

It's #3 lw vs #5 lw, that's how. Doesn't matter what weight they're fighting at in this fight.

If they do work it out that way, I gotta say I disagree with it, since Gaethje 100% deserves the next title shot. But based on the rankings you can justify it.

9 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

It makes no sense. Gaethje KOed the guy at LW that Conor would get a title shot for beating at WW, but gets passed on? Typical UFC BS. 

The correct way to do it is Gaethje gets the Khabib/Tony winner and if Conor wins, he faces the guy who just lost to Khabib in Poirier with the title shot on the line. 

• Like 1

Crackhead Conor is next level scary although WW Rumble Johnson is by far the worst

I think Aldo can make BW, it wasn't like he was a small FW. He still might look like TJ Dillashaw dropping to Flyweight though

What other options does Aldo have if he wants a shot at a belt? No chance he can hang at 155, he'll get murdered and he's lost to Max twice

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832