MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

7 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

If his big goal is getting a rematch with Khabib at the end of the year, how is fighting 2 WWs going to help him with that?

I can see it. The quickest path back to a LW title shot for him might just be this. Beat Cerrone at 170, set up a fight with Masvidal. If he beats Masvidal, who is the hottest property in mma right now, he's back calling his shots again.

In comparison, LW has a bunch of dangerous contenders, which also don't have the name value that Cerrone/Masvidal do. 

Another thing that amazes me is how many fighters don't stick to their strengths. Nate and Cowboy are extremely high level grapplers. Yet when they face a high level striker, they just try to stand and bang with them. Not saying they are slouches on the feet, but they're amazing on the ground and I know Cowboy is a helluva kick boxer.

If I'm Cowboy I take Connor down and make him tap. Screw trying to be entertaining.

6 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Another thing that amazes me is how many fighters don't stick to their strengths. Nate and Cowboy are extremely high level grapplers. Yet when they face a high level striker, they just try to stand and bang with them. Not saying they are slouches on the feet, but they're amazing on the ground and I know Cowboy is a helluva kick boxer.

If I'm Cowboy I take Connor down and make him tap. Screw trying to be entertaining.

Whats worse is both of them are entertaining on the ground. They aren't lay and pray types

Rewatched Fergy-Pettis. I think it's crazy how many people who have lost to him due to doctor stoppage. I think it's 3? 2 in a row too?

I honestly hope he wins. I'm thinking about buying tickets to watch him fight Khabib but I don't know how well I could enjoy it if I can't see that well. Then I hope someone fights him in Moscow and makes him tap or drops him cold. 

I'm not Tony's biggest fan but his arsenal makes the most sense against Khabib. Stay away from the Cage. The refs also needs to separate them when he just lays on them and locks their legs.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 10:07 AM, BullsandBroncos said:

Rewatched Fergy-Pettis. I think it's crazy how many people who have lost to him due to doctor stoppage. I think it's 3? 2 in a row too?

I honestly hope he wins. I'm thinking about buying tickets to watch him fight Khabib but I don't know how well I could enjoy it if I can't see that well. Then I hope someone fights him in Moscow and makes him tap or drops him cold. 

I'm not Tony's biggest fan but his arsenal makes the most sense against Khabib. Stay away from the Cage. The refs also needs to separate them when he just lays on them and locks their legs.

I... hope Khabib grinds out Tony...beats up Conor again...and retires undefeated.

9 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

This is why Colby is just a pos.  I can't stand usman either...but hope he drops Colby.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/12/glenn-robinson-daughters-respond-colby-covington-ufc-245-hell-comment

1. I had no idea Glenn passed away. 

2. Wow, Colby you are without a doubt the biggest pos in the UFC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I want Tony to beat him so badly but I'm afraid you're right. I don't want him to retire undefeated though because we will be teased forever with him coming out of retirement 

I would rather see Khabib go down as the GOAT ahead of someone like bones jones, who also happens to be a pos.