MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

54 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

ok, so apparently Yair Rodriguez turned down the fight against Zabit at 227, and as a result the UFC have cut him. wtf. I mean it stinks that he's turning down fights, but still a bad business move from the UFC if they're cutting a guy like Yair just like that.

Still don't know if it's legitimate, or if it's going to last, but pretty crazy.

it's so silly to match them up anyway. they trying to kill yair. trying to kill one of the few young stars they have coming up. idiots. no idea why ufc puts up n coming guys up against each other before they're even known. 

I'm expecting in a couple of days this will turn around, and he'll still be with the organization. It sounds like a hot-headed overreaction from Dana, and in time when everyone cools down it will get sorted. But if it sticks... that's kinda ridiculous. Especially when the UFC puts people on the bench and doesn't offer fights all the time

so Dern came in at 123lbs... she's supposed to be fighting at 115.

She didn't look like she killed herself trying to get there, either. Says a lot about her mindset. I can pretty confidently say she's not going to be a top MMA fighter (barring a big mindset change). All champion/contender level fighters are willing to put it all on the line, including killing themselves making weight. That mindset shows through when it gets tough in the cage as well. If Dern went up against someone like Andrade/Gadelha/Kowalkiewicz, or even one of the top flyweights, I'm pretty sure she'd fold as soon as she started getting tagged.

Girl's a joke, and as a BJJ practitioner she's giving the sport a bad name.

• Like 2

My guess is they needed someone to make an example of and Yair was the perfect guy. Maybe too many dudes are getting too business oriented and doing what they think is best for them and not just taking any fight that is offered. Cutting a highly relevant fighter in a division that bring in no money seems like the perfect move to get the troops back in line.

2 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

so Dern came in at 123lbs... she's supposed to be fighting at 115.

She didn't look like she killed herself trying to get there, either. Says a lot about her mindset. I can pretty confidently say she's not going to be a top MMA fighter (barring a big mindset change). All champion/contender level fighters are willing to put it all on the line, including killing themselves making weight. That mindset shows through when it gets tough in the cage as well. If Dern went up against someone like Andrade/Gadelha/Kowalkiewicz, or even one of the top flyweights, I'm pretty sure she'd fold as soon as she started getting tagged.

Girl's a joke, and as a BJJ practitioner she's giving the sport a bad name.

Absolutely embarrassing, coming in out 8lbs over just shows that you don't give a ****. She'll be out of the UFC in no time if this keeps up.

12 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

ok, so apparently Yair Rodriguez turned down the fight against Zabit at 227, and as a result the UFC have cut him. wtf. I mean it stinks that he's turning down fights, but still a bad business move from the UFC if they're cutting a guy like Yair just like that.

Still don't know if it's legitimate, or if it's going to last, but pretty crazy.

Yea he turned down multiple fights. Not sure you can do that and just keep your job