MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Each man is to blame for his own conduct. Yet, you and many others have tried to excuse what Conor did. 

Theres literally no point in discussing it with him or anyone else honestly. Someone who brushes off all the crap connor has done and did you in thag brawl then turns around bash khabib are pointless to talk about. Its not loke hes talkong logically. Everything khabib dod is blown up and everything connor did is thrown down to the lowest thing it could be. At this point connor threw a 25% percent chance to protect his super innocent teammate defenseless teammate and khabib jumped into the crowded to eat connors baby. 

If i was the comish i wouldnt suspended anyone and fine the ufc 50 million or some arbitrary number. This is behavior encouraged by the ufc. This isnt new and everyones acting like this has never happened before. The only difference is instead of hiding behind the security and throwing sucker punches, khabib jumped into the middle of connors guys. This isnt the first brawl. This isnt the first time connors fans have gone wild. Dana loves it and promotes it though. Its garbage and exactly what i was talking about before. This either changes or ufc loses its top spot imo as good people that fight refuses to fight where bad people get rewarded over everyone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Snack said:

we get it Conor is innocent and Khabib is guilty of everything so lets get past this and let the authorities settle this.

Now back to the fight itself, so Khabib did exactly what he said he was going to do and more(clipping Conor on the feet was the extra)

Connor looked like hot garbage. He had the has tank for one takedown and he gave up on a weak submission. He was completely embarrassing. 

On 07/10/2018 at 9:14 AM, lancerman said:

We saw an NBA owner get kicked out of the league for "words". If Chris Hogan called a black player the n word there would be a massive controversy and he'd probably get suspended if not banned from the league. Yes there is a completely different dynamic when it's race and religion and it's not realistic to pretend that isn't the case. Maybe you personally don't feel like it's a big deal, lots of people do and it's the type of thing people have died over. So it's just irresponsible to pretend it doesn't matter

I know I'm two days late in responding to this (only was reading through today) but I just wanted to point out that race and religion are Not the same thing. Its a bit of a disingenuous sleight of hand to lump them together. 

Not that I would condone attacks on religion necessarily, but a set of opinions about how the world was created, and who gets to get tortured for eternity in hell, don't deserve this special protection under the guise of being a race, when they are not. 

On 10/7/2018 at 5:59 AM, 11sanchez11 said:

Idk about that. Wrestlers are way better positionally than BJJ guys. And even tho Tony isn't a BJJ by background, actually a wrestler, and Khabib isn't a wrestlers by background (combat sambo) their mma games are acted out that way.

Also combat sambo is a bad name for it IMO. It is basically MMA grappling, including strikes. Idk what sambo is. 

I was referring more to Khabib struggling with getting an already winded Conor down. Tony will not be winded and can actually pressure Khabib if he sees any sign of weakness. Plus I actually don't think Tony will care about getting taken down as much as Conor, so he'll be more dangerous standing.

1 hour ago, The Hitch said:

I know I'm two days late in responding to this (only was reading through today) but I just wanted to point out that race and religion are Not the same thing. Its a bit of a disingenuous sleight of hand to lump them together. 

Not that I would condone attacks on religion necessarily, but a set of opinions about how the world was created, and who gets to get tortured for eternity in hell, don't deserve this special protection under the guise of being a race, when they are not. 

If you have a corner guy calling Khabib, a Muslim fighter, a terrorist, as is being alleged, then yes that is about as bad as making a racial slur. 

There’s a difference between agreeing with a religion and disparaging members of it with stereotypes and inciteful speech.  

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Also, seems to me that Khabib vs Conor has a Democrats vs Republicans level or ridiculousness in terms of how fans are behaving and taking sides.

Not really, most people would acknowledge that Khabib was wrong to jump out of the cage and he escalated it. However Conor fans refuse to admit him and his team fueled the situation by:

-making it personal by attacking Khabib’s religion and family 

-attacking a bus and seriously injuring people

-having a corner man yell slurs at Khabib all fight and goad him into fight

-Conor not knowing what was going on running across the ring and throwing punches at a guy who wasn’t doing anything violent. 

Like there’s plenty of crap to go around, but one group wants to pretend their guy has his hands clean, 

Honestly, If I'm Dana White, deep deep down I'm loving the fact that Khabib jumped the cage to attack Dillon Danis and other McGregor teammates. I know there are major major safety implications but if you look at it from a promoting standpoint, the draw for a rematch with these two who absolutely hate each other has to be monstrous. This has turned into a circus the likes of which MMA hasnt seen before. I dont think that Khabib McGregor should go again anytime soon  but if it did happen it would be an even bigger draw due to Khabib's actions.

Also just a quick analysis of the fight, I'm squarely a McGregor guy but he got totally out classed by Khabib's wrestling in this fight. I am surprised that Khabib has the chin that he has on him after McGregor landed a couple heavy shots that would have knocked a few other guys. It was a great show of what Khabib can do in a fight. 

10 minutes ago, Saosin said:

Honestly, If I'm Dana White, deep deep down I'm loving the fact that Khabib jumped the cage to attack Dillon Danis and other McGregor teammates. I know there are major major safety implications but if you look at it from a promoting standpoint, the draw for a rematch with these two who absolutely hate each other has to be monstrous. This has turned into a circus the likes of which MMA hasnt seen before. I dont think that Khabib McGregor should go again anytime soon  but if it did happen it would be an even bigger draw due to Khabib's actions.

Also just a quick analysis of the fight, I'm squarely a McGregor guy but he got totally out classed by Khabib's wrestling in this fight. I am surprised that Khabib has the chin that he has on him after McGregor landed a couple heavy shots that would have knocked a few other guys. It was a great show of what Khabib can do in a fight. 

Pretty much the whole problem with the ufc now. Its a circus. WWE with real fights. Its time to get the respect back int the fights. It seems all there big fights now are bad blood fights and if there isnt a trash talk element to your game then you will be pushed aside.

Edited by eagles101

9 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Pretty much the whole problem with the ufc now. Its a circus. WWE with real fights. Its time to get the respect back int the fights. It seems all there big fights now are bad blood fights and if there isnt a trash talk element to your game then you will be pushed aside.

But there is a reason WWE is a billion dollar company and its because of that drama. You want good vs bad to get a higher draw. I want to see fights with great back stories and rivalries. Some times its due to bad blood, sometimes its due to gamesmanship. The Pettis v Ferguson fight was about gamesmanship and it was a hell of an entertaining fight!

I do agree that we need to get some more respect back but as a guy who dropped off of UFC for a few years and is slowly coming back around to it, its nice to see that these fights now have more drama. If you take out the drama, you have Boxing and look where Boxing is at right now. It's a dying sport outside of the 2-3 big match-ups that happen every year.

20 minutes ago, Saosin said:

But there is a reason WWE is a billion dollar company and its because of that drama. You want good vs bad to get a higher draw. I want to see fights with great back stories and rivalries. Some times its due to bad blood, sometimes its due to gamesmanship. The Pettis v Ferguson fight was about gamesmanship and it was a hell of an entertaining fight!

I do agree that we need to get some more respect back but as a guy who dropped off of UFC for a few years and is slowly coming back around to it, its nice to see that these fights now have more drama. If you take out the drama, you have Boxing and look where Boxing is at right now. It's a dying sport outside of the 2-3 big match-ups that happen every year.

And there is a reason that the wwe can do this drama...because it’s controlled. The ufc isnt controlled, clearly. The wwe makes there own drama. The actors dont just go out and do whatever they want then actually fight each other. 

This is a short term solution to a long term problem. This is the same crap over and over and over. The sport is either strong enough on its own or its on its way out. The drama crap only helps the fights that they are promoting and hurts the sport as a whole.

if the only reason the ufc is working is by making bar room disputes before fights then its just as barbaric as every opposition has said and it should be illegal.

Its sad that we are so caught up in ethics we don’t look at the possibilities of other fights as much. Does anyone else think such a terrible loss could be the start of something bad for Conor? I know Khabib is a terrible matchup for him but he needs to fight/win more or this Mystic Mac stuff starts to disappear. I know he can beat most everyone but that fight was so 1-sided I dont really want to see an immediate rematch 

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its sad that we are so caught up in ethics we don’t look at the possibilities of other fights as much. Does anyone else think such a terrible loss could be the start of something bad for Conor? I know Khabib is a terrible matchup for him but he needs to fight/win more or this Mystic Mac stuff starts to disappear. I know he can beat most everyone but that fight was so 1-sided I dont really want to see an immediate rematch 

I believe hes 2 years behind everyone now. Khabib is either the greatest LW ever or connor is behind and a one trick pony. The blue print is there. i doubt he can fix his cardio and keep his power. Unless he can go back to FW, i think his best days are far behind him.