MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

feel like andrade will merk her. but said that when andrade fought joanna too. 

Oh no.

In hindsight idk how JJ won. 

But Rose does have better kicks and footwork she could keep the distance better. If Andrade wrestles she would probably dominate her there tho

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Oh no.

In hindsight idk how JJ won. 

But Rose does have better kicks and footwork she could keep the distance better. If Andrade wrestles she would probably dominate her there tho

We saw in the Esparza fight(albeit what feels like ages ago) she can be taken down. Rose's TDD has improved and I bet her BJJ has too. Could be an interesting style matchup if it hits the ground

11 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He's got a brown belt in it, it's just when you're the best striker in UFC, you get further and further away from it. Look at his earlier career like when he dominated Holloway taking him down a bunch. He had a good not great ground game earlier in his UFC career.

If you held a gun to my head and said "What's more likely to happen to Khabib? Conor knocking him out or Dustin Poirier's BJJ winning the match, what do you choose?" I'm picking Conor knocking him out.

Brown belt in bjj or not conors mma ground game is trash. His tdd is good enough but his actual ground game is bad.   He has the same chance against khabib as derrick had against dc. IF he can land a one shot KO, then he can win but even a straight year all day everyday wrestling training isnt going to bridge the gap. 

Tony is the only logical fight to make for khabib. Ive given up all hope for the ufc to make logical, fair matchups (especially when connor is involved) so who knows what will happen. Dana already said a rematch was happening this year. Which makes sense since every title contender gets an immediate rematch after getting completely dominated in every aspect of the fight. 

1 hour ago, eagles101 said:

Brown belt in bjj or not conors mma ground game is trash. His tdd is good enough but his actual ground game is bad.   He has the same chance against khabib as derrick had against dc. IF he can land a one shot KO, then he can win but even a straight year all day everyday wrestling training isnt going to bridge the gap.

Ignorant take.

you can't make that call off of his fight against Khabib, Khabib is arguably the best grappler in MMA and does that to everyone (not to mention, Conor lasted several rounds with him on the ground, and was able to avoid any damage on the ground in the first round).

You can't judge Conor's ground game off of the first Diaz fight either, he lost that fight on the feet, and was severely compromised by the time he tried to take it to the ground.

I'm a self-confessed McGregor hater, but his grappling is absolutely underrated. we're not talking about someone here who is a severe liability on the ground.

11 hours ago, FinneasGage said:
feel like andrade will merk her. but said that when andrade fought joanna too. 

really hope Rose wins, to shut up everyone who's been talking rubbish about her. all the neckbeards on Reddit talking about her being mentally weak because of the bus incident. if you step in the cage at the highest level like she does, no one can say anything about your mental toughness.

Andrade is a freaking animal though. think she beats Joanna now if they fight again.

Edited by Buckrock101

Derrick Lewis vs JDS to headline UFC Wichita in March. Might actually be a bad matchup for JDS, he has a habit of backing himself up against the fence, and if he does, Derrick has a good chance to land an atomic bomb or two.

wanna see them make Overeem vs Oleinik and Blaydes vs Volkov at heavyweight too. then Stipe vs DC (if DC doesn't fight Lesnar/Jones) or vs the winner of Cain/Ngannou after DC retires

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

really hope Rose wins, to shut up everyone who's been talking rubbish about her. all the neckbeards on Reddit talking about her being mentally weak because of the bus incident. if you step in the cage at the highest level like she does, no one can say anything about your mental toughness.

Andrade is a freaking animal though. think she beats Joanna now if they fight again.

I'm not a Rose "hater" but I think I will end up rooting for Andrade.  She is such a beast, with her aggressive style!!!!

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

Ignorant take.

you can't make that call off of his fight against Khabib, Khabib is arguably the best grappler in MMA and does that to everyone (not to mention, Conor lasted several rounds with him on the ground, and was able to avoid any damage on the ground in the first round).

You can't judge Conor's ground game off of the first Diaz fight either, he lost that fight on the feet, and was severely compromised by the time he tried to take it to the ground.

I'm a self-confessed McGregor hater, but his grappling is absolutely underrated. we're not talking about someone here who is a severe liability on the ground.

Ok name a fight that shows he is good on the ground? Everyone says hat his ground game is underrated, yet every lose has come on the ground and he defended it like he didnt know what he was doing. Hes not cheick congo bad but this day and age in mma his ground game is bad. 

4 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Derrick Lewis vs JDS to headline UFC Wichita in March. Might actually be a bad matchup for JDS, he has a habit of backing himself up against the fence, and if he does, Derrick has a good chance to land an atomic bomb or two.

wanna see them make Overeem vs Oleinik and Blaydes vs Volkov at heavyweight too. then Stipe vs DC (if DC doesn't fight Lesnar/Jones) or vs the winner of Cain/Ngannou after DC retires

I’d sign off on any of that. Wasnt too long ago HW looked very bare but now its pretty solid 

ufc 235 shaping up to be:

Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith
Tyron Woodley vs. Kamaru Usman
Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz
Holly Holm vs. Aspen Ladd
Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler
Jeremy Stephens vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
Ovince Saint Preux vs. Misha Cirkunov
Macy Chiasson vs. Gina Mazany
Diego Sanchez vs. Mickey Gall
Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang

sweet baby jesus

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

ufc 235 shaping up to be:

Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith
Tyron Woodley vs. Kamaru Usman
Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz
Holly Holm vs. Aspen Ladd
Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler
Jeremy Stephens vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
Ovince Saint Preux vs. Misha Cirkunov
Macy Chiasson vs. Gina Mazany
Diego Sanchez vs. Mickey Gall
Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang

sweet baby jesus

this will be the only fight i ever root for tyron i think.