MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

6 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Well said nothing about his skill level.

you inferred about his skill level. implying that Tenshin would give him a proper fight, hence needing the fight to be fixed and Tenshin take a dive, is doing a disservice to Mayweather's skill (as well as the difference weight classes make).

in the grand scheme, you're right that Floyd didn't want a real boxing match, and Rizin fixed it so that he wouldn't have to fight for real. Only they fixed it by having him fight a 3-round fight with no judges against a flyweight with 0 pro boxing experience.

26 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

you inferred about his skill level. implying that Tenshin would give him a proper fight, hence needing the fight to be fixed and Tenshin take a dive, is doing a disservice to Mayweather's skill (as well as the difference weight classes make).

in the grand scheme, you're right that Floyd didn't want a real boxing match, and Rizin fixed it so that he wouldn't have to fight for real. Only they fixed it by having him fight a 3-round fight with no judges against a flyweight with 0 pro boxing experience.

I inferred nothing. I have reason on why they might fix the fight, which generally is irrelevant. I could come up with a thousand reasons but they dont matter because the fact remains that the fight was off. How he went down is just to much to act like wverything is normal. The first one in particular since it doesnt even look like he got hit. 

Zero boxing experience means nothing. He has 28 professional kickboxing fights. Hes been in fights. Its betond ridiculous to think that those punches by flyod were harder then any kick hes ever eaten. It was no doubt flyod would run though him but getting three one punch  knockdowns in the first round with out landind almost any other head shots is suspicious.

This has nothing to do with dounting floyds that good but doubting that those specific punches by themselves is knocking down tenshin. I havent even seen a video that clearly shows the first knockdown. The angles ive been able to find with the whole fight is very lacking and is also very suspicious. 

Idk why you dead set that since flyod is a good boxer that a morally shotty company couldnt fix a fight.

1 hour ago, eagles101 said:

Its betond ridiculous to think that those punches by flyod were harder then any kick hes ever eaten.

I mean you could go watch a huge number of his fights online and see how wrong you are, but it’s easier to believe a conspiracy than to actually look at evidence I guess. 

Floyd is one of the best boxers the planet has ever seen. His ability to break down an amateur boxer’s defense, his hand speed, and precision as well as his power from being 30lbs heavier was delivering shots to the side of Tenshin’s head harder and more repeatedly than he’s ever had before. When that first knockdown happened, he had already taken more damage to the side of his head and temple than he’s probably taken in his entire life. 

2 hours ago, pwny said:

I mean you could go watch a huge number of his fights online and see how wrong you are, but it’s easier to believe a conspiracy than to actually look at evidence I guess. 

Floyd is one of the best boxers the planet has ever seen. His ability to break down an amateur boxer’s defense, his hand speed, and precision as well as his power from being 30lbs heavier was delivering shots to the side of Tenshin’s head harder and more repeatedly than he’s ever had before. When that first knockdown happened, he had already taken more damage to the side of his head and temple than he’s probably taken in his entire life. 

What damage are you talking before the first knockdown? He landed  one decent straight punch. Not a solid one but a decent one. 

Again i have no doubt of flyods ability to destroy this kid but the way in which this went down is suspicious. Ive seen the kid fight ive seen the kid take shots. I have doubts that flyod is so much more powerful that ever shot kills the kid. Floyd didnt land even ten head shots. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thoughts on the next fight night?

Cejudo v Dillashaw

Cerrone v A.Hernandez

Greg Hardy v Allen Crowder(supposedly a better fighter for Hardy to smack around?)

Not really interested in the cejudo fight. Like dillshaw and everything but the dj fight was just such a more interesting draw that cejudo is muh. 

Always love a cerrone fight but hate predicting them. He seems loke stepping stone now but hes a hell of a stepping stone to have. 

Hardy is going to be more interesting after he loses a fight imo. 

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Even better...

Massive victim of unjust dislike... such a class act and a bonafide sweetheart. 

this was dope. handled it better than i could imagine any other champion handling it. she really does always seem genuinely sweet every time i hear her talk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Massive victim of unjust dislike... such a class act and a bonafide sweetheart. 

Absolutely. People cheer against her because she's jacked and she failed a drug test like 20 years ago, but she seems like one of the classiest fighters in the sport. Love seeing a fighter handle a loss with dignity like this (same with Cruz and DJ too).