MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, Utley said:

He'd been training for 2.5 years to fight. You mean to tell me in that time he never bothered to learn that you can't knee an opponent who is on the ground? This isn't like the Jones-Hamill DQ. This was dirty.

No one is saying he didnt know the rule. Everyone else just understands that hardys inexperience led to him thinking he didnt have his knee down.

Just now, Utley said:

He'd been training for 2.5 years to fight. You mean to tell me in that time he never bothered to learn that you can't knee an opponent who is on the ground? This isn't like the Jones-Hamill DQ. This was dirty.

One knee was already off the ground, he thought he was timing the other. i cant point to multiple things that indicate it was an unfortunate mistake, what do you have to say it wasnt? does every fighter that kicks someone in the nuts dirty as well. Thatd prob be close to 85% of the (mens) roster. 

3 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Exactly. Dq was justified. Inexperienced fighters do it more often and ive also seen experience fighters throw a knee at an opponent after getting to one knee. Im not a hardy fan but that happens. In the heat of the moment you think the opponent is getting up but is just getting to one knee. Rumble didnt land it but he threw a worse knee to koscheck.

Are you talking about the Paul Daley knee? Because the only one I remember from Rumble he pulled back because he was down.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

One knee was already off the ground, he thought he was timing the other. i cant point to multiple things that indicate it was an unfortunate mistake, what do you have to say it wasnt? does every fighter that kicks someone in the nuts dirty as well. Thatd prob be close to 85% of the (mens) roster. 

Come on. Hitting someone low and kneeing someone on the ground in the head are two very different things.

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Cejudo over TJ. Amanda over Cyborg. DC over Stipe. Conor over Eddie. 

Has the fighter from the lower weight class won every super fight/champ champ fight?

I think so, but Cejudo/TJ needs to be separated. In the others the lighter fighter moved up. In this TJ moved down. I'd like to see Cejudo/TJ at 135 since I think the weight loss did have some effect on TJ's chin.

35 minutes ago, Utley said:

Come on. Hitting someone low and kneeing someone on the ground in the head are two very different things.

doesnt matter. an eye poke is also different thana groin strike, its the intention. you havent once come up with a  reasonable argument saying where hardy knew it was illegal. Its just bad take after bad take.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

doesnt matter. an eye poke is also different thana groin strike, its the intention. you havent once come up with a  reasonable argument saying where hardy knew it was illegal. Its just bad take after bad take.

There are plenty of signs he did it intentionally, but it's impossible to actually get inside his head. He's known for his horrible temper and incapability of preventing his emotions from making him act physically. Crowder started talking **** just before the knee. Clearly it pissed Hardy off because he began throwing heavier punches. Then he's still seeing red and sees an opportunity to act on it. Do I know that to be fact? No. But his history makes it perfectly reasonable, and I would say even likely. As far as I'm concerned he's lost his right to the benefit of the doubt.

6 minutes ago, Utley said:

There are plenty of signs he did it intentionally, but it's impossible to actually get inside his head. He's known for his horrible temper and incapability of preventing his emotions from making him act physically. Crowder started talking **** just before the knee. Clearly it pissed Hardy off because he began throwing heavier punches. Then he's still seeing red and sees an opportunity to act on it. Do I know that to be fact? No. But his history makes it perfectly reasonable, and I would say even likely. As far as I'm concerned he's lost his right to the benefit of the doubt.

only in this context, i dont care about his history, absolutely has nothing to do with it. thats about the laziness analysis you could possibly do, but whatevs.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

only in this context, i dont care about his history, absolutely has nothing to do with it. thats about the laziness analysis you could possibly do, but whatevs.

How is it lazy? Lazy is dismissing it as an accident instead of looking deeper. And his history of having an uncontrollable temper is absolutely relevant. 

40 minutes ago, Utley said:

How is it lazy? Lazy is dismissing it as an accident instead of looking deeper. And his history of having an uncontrollable temper is absolutely relevant. 

looking deeper like his immediate actions or his body language and tone of voice at the press conference where it was pretty clear he was fighting off tears? No, obviously this was directly tied to an assault that happened how many years ago now. Like i said, lazy and just kind of annoying now. again, as i already said, i dont like hardy because of what hes done but hoipefully the guy can ignore some of the dummies that has the same awful take.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

looking deeper like his immediate actions or his body language and tone of voice at the press conference where it was pretty clear he was fighting off tears? No, obviously this was directly tied to an assault that happened how many years ago now. Like i said, lazy and just kind of annoying now. again, as i already said, i dont like hardy because of what hes done but hoipefully the guy can ignore some of the dummies that has the same awful take.

Stop being dense. I didn't tie it to his domestic violence issue. I tied it to an issue that has been apparent for years, from when he was in Dallas, all the way back to when he was at Ole Miss. He has short fuse and serious anger issues. 

2 hours ago, Utley said:

Football players have played for decades and yet they wind up to grab a face mask...they know better but in the moment stuff happens