MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

3 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

not only did he take the fight at less than 100 he never went to a rehab doctor after the surgery. He did all his own rehab without consultation.

Thats not surprising. I love Tony but he doesnt seem that bright. Trying to be a warrior in everything but medical is a smart mans game not a meathead. 

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

Yea I dont understand this. Love Ferguson style but he's not in position to turn down fights. This could turn out similar too Colby Covington getting buried.

Sounds like he wasn't 100% and while he wasn't vs Pettis, Blessed isn't someone to step into the octagon against when you aren't 100%. 

Since its been mentioned I'll ask:

Is Max really the biggest threat to Khabib for the LW title? Max is undoubtedly the best FW in the world and hasn't been even tested in his last 5 or so fights vs absolute killers but what is his takedown defense like or how is he on his back? I feel like he can't be worse than Conor but he isn't on the level of Ferguson or Cerrone on the ground which is why I'd think they have a better chance when it goes to the ground which seems inevitable in a LW title fight

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

that makes more sense. or like a couple people stated could be waiting for Khabib

i think this could put him a fight away from the title now. In all reality he is not a big ppv sales guy where as Khabib was getting better and better numbers leading up to his fight with conor. Max is about as popular as you can get for a 145 and does better numbers than aldo ever did minus his fight with conor. I think whoever wins the interim gets khabib in nov and if tony wants next after that he will need another win  against another top 5 guy. It sucks because his streak alone says he deserves it but the way this  is playing out i think it puts him back a bit now

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is Max really the biggest threat to Khabib for the LW title? Max is undoubtedly the best FW in the world and hasn't been even tested in his last 5 or so fights vs absolute killers but what is his takedown defense like or how is he on his back? I feel like he can't be worse than Conor but he isn't on the level of Ferguson or Cerrone on the ground which is why I'd think they have a better chance when it goes to the ground which seems inevitable in a LW title fight

I don't really like Max chances against Khabib tbh. Holloway is a volume puncher with a good but not great ground game. Holloway won't be jabbing the **** out of Khabib because in all likelihood, Khabib will walk right thru Holloway jab and take him down and Holloway won't be getting back up.

Khabib biggest challengers imo are Ferg and Nate Diaz, guys who are very good off there backs

Edit - I'll throw in Brain Ortega as a possible threat to Khabib down the road once he continues his learning curve

Edited by BillsGuy82

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

No, he's not. And I know it's been a while...but when he lost to Conor, it's because Conor took him down and had much better BJJ than Max.

Conor doesn't really have great BJJ at all. I'd say, the epitome of average at best. 

The best threats, style wise, are Tony and Woodley, and Ortega if he ever made a jump to LW.

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

No, he's not. And I know it's been a while...but when he lost to Conor, it's because Conor took him down and had much better BJJ than Max.

Conor doesn't really have great BJJ at all. I'd say, the epitome of average at best. 

The best threats, style wise, are Tony and Woodley, and Ortega if he ever made a jump to LW.

Nate Diaz with his length, cardio and ground game should be in discussion but he's gotta get out and win another fight