MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Crazy stuff in the main event, even crazier stuff after.

You could kinda see that coming for Till. He'd been eating 3 or 4 shots each time he tried to engage, just wasn't interested in avoiding contact at all. He kept leaving his head right there, and Jorge found it. Masvidal has legit power at 170.

Looking forward to Masvidal-Edwards now. That fight makes sense with where both guys are anyway, all this stuff is just a bonus. not sure where to for Askren if that happens. maybe Ponzi.

just looking at the WW rankings now, and see Tony Rocco Martin entered the rankings at #15, yet there's no sign of Vicente Luque. rankings are whatever, I try not to pay too much attention to them, but wtf does this guy have to do to get noticed. 8-1 streak with 8 finishes and the only loss being to Leon Edwards isn't enough, apparently.

15 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

what else are you referring to? 

i don't consider this to be an incident of him being a *****. he got "disrespected" on a live interview and walked over... no employees stopped him. made the most of it. now people will want edwards v. masvidal. he just lined up a #1 contender fight imo. usman v. colby w/ masvidal v. edwards on the same card. 

Man i cant imagine Edwards getting that #1 contender shot next

14 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

someone's obvi not a real street dude

Yea. It wasn't even a sucker punch either. The second you run your mouth to a real one, you're in a conflict. Better be ready. It's like those kids that would run their mouth in school and then expect you to let them take their backpack off before you started blasting lol. On time, On sight.

Leon better drop it now too. If he tries to get this one back on Jorge, it could get ugly. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Yea. It wasn't even a sucker punch either. The second you run your mouth to a real one, you're in a conflict. Better be ready. It's like those kids that would run their mouth in school and then expect you to let them take their backpack off before you started blasting lol. On time, On sight.

Leon better drop it now too. If he tries to get this one back on Jorge, it could get ugly. 

Its just really childish...and relating it to school just makes it seem even more childish.  

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol at thinking that wasn't a sucker punch. If you're easily triggered over someone running their mouth, you're not a "real one." People are so damn dumb lol.

I always love this line of thinking. lol Yea, all the hardest dudes I know tolerate another man trying to demean/threaten them. GTFO.

Masvidal wasn't "triggered" either. People always want to negatively frame actions they aren't built for. For Jorge, that was like breathing. Did you want to post a reply in the thread? Or were you "triggered" to? Think about that and apply it to the situation.

Just now, DreamKid said:

I always love this line of thinking. lol Yea, all the hardest dudes I know tolerate another man trying to demean/threaten them. GTFO.

Masvidal wasn't "triggered" either. People always want to negatively frame actions they aren't built for. For Jorge, that was like breathing. Did you want to post a reply in the thread? Or were you "triggered" to? Think about that and apply it to the situation.

Being "hard" is ******* dumb and gets people nowhere. Keep that stupid **** in the streets cuz it has no place in sports or anywhere else. If you can't take another man talking ****, you aren't hard at all. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Being "hard" is ******* dumb and gets people nowhere. Keep that stupid **** in the streets cuz it has no place in sports or anywhere else. If you can't take another man talking ****, you aren't hard at all. 

lol Masvidal took it just fine. You don't get that.

He isn't a 40 year old broad who got offended by a comedy set and started freaking out.

Jorge was perfectly in control and did something he wanted to. You don't understand because you aren't built that way. You think someone has to be "triggered" into a physical conflict.

43 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

As childish as heckling someone during their post fight ESPN interview?

Heckling is far less childish then throwing punches because your feelings got hurt. 

Leon was also childish but jorge just showed how easy it is to get under his skin. 

5 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Heckling is far less childish then throwing punches because your feelings got hurt. 

Leon was also childish but jorge just showed how easy it is to get under his skin. 

This frames the situation like Jorge was forced into a reaction he didn't want to succumb to. Which couldn't be farther from the truth.