MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

27 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

so which two are up next to fight for the title? Munhoz? Moraes? too bad Cody isn't in a position for a "title" fight.

I'd guess Cejudo vs Moraes. But if they're going to give Cejudo a fight at 125, probably Moraes vs Munhoz/Sterling. 

Wouldn't argue against Moraes vs Yan either, tbh

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I'd guess Cejudo vs Moraes. But if they're going to give Cejudo a fight at 125, probably Moraes vs Munhoz/Sterling. 

Wouldn't argue against Moraes vs Yan either, tbh

I think Yan is definitely the future of the division.  i'm not sure he is ready for THAT big a jump yet.  I like the Cejudo v Moraes matchup, because I can't think of another 135 er that should be in there with Moraes.  

On a side note....Dillashaw is a bag.  Not upset that this happened to him.  He gets KO'd, AND tests positive for "something"

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I like it. Couldn’t remember if Lee moved up or RDA down. Both look like they peaked at their divisions though. Glad to see Lee moved up

Lee has to have seen how guys like Michael Cheisa, Kevin Gastelum, and Robert Whitaker have looked going up in weight. Lee was never going to be able to beat the top tier guys at LW. His style is pretty similar to a lot of the guys at the top of WW right now, a lot of cardio/wrestlers/grinders at the top of the division. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Lee has to have seen how guys like Michael Cheisa, Kevin Gastelum, and Robert Whitaker have looked going up in weight. Lee was never going to be able to beat the top tier guys at LW. His style is pretty similar to a lot of the guys at the top of WW right now, a lot of cardio/wrestlers/grinders at the top of the division. 

I just noticed Whittaker hasnt been beaten at MW since he moved up. Wow. 

I dont like the comparison to Chiesa and Kelvin though bc Kelvin should be at WW imo he just doesnt want to cut like he could albeit he is a good MW contender and Chiesa has 1 WW fight that was practically tailor made for his skillset

46 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont like the comparison to Chiesa and Kelvin though bc Kelvin should be at WW imo he just doesnt want to cut like he could albeit he is a good MW contender and Chiesa has 1 WW fight that was practically tailor made for his skillset

Kelvin is fighting for the MW strap in a few weeks and is 4-1 at 185, he made the right decision to move up. He missed weight 3 times when he was fighting at WW. 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Kelvin is fighting for the MW strap in a few weeks and is 4-1 at 185, he made the right decision to move up. He missed weight 3 times when he was fighting at WW. 

I’m aware he missed weight and is fighting for the belt. He didnt miss weight because its not safe for him to cut. He just doesnt take it seriously. He isnt a big guy but somehow weighed in at 180 vs Woodley? I think he’d have the belt at WW if he could cut right and take it seriously