MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why is their weight classes? Size matters. Woodley is so much bigger than Conor, has good wrestling, and one punch KO power. One clean shot on Conor's chin and the fight would be over. 

Agreed Size does matter. But as apparent by recent UFC history, size within 5,10 even 15lbs has been irrelevant. Woodley and Conor are the same height, the bulk difference would be 10lbs max.

I stated before, Woodley wrestling would be major factor and yes, if Woodley connected that bomb he would sleep Conor just like every other fighter from 170 and down, but how can you just assume Woodley would just eat Conor's money shot when not one fighter so far has?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I think we all need to differentiate the difference between "not engaging" and "having no problem"

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

No problem? It wasn’t exactly a massacre

my no problem was that he never was in trouble/seriously hurt not that he ran through him

45 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Cant we say the same about Conor? We’ve seen him sleep some guys too

He has slept smaller guys...... i think Woodley handles his power better than anyone Conor has faced. Not saying he cant put Woodley out but i think its not as likely 

Here's some interesting WW MMA math which is a reason why I don't factor in MMA math..

Rory Mac easily handled TWood, Wonderboy easily handled Rory Mac, TWood easily handled Wonderboy lol

Canadian biased a side, I believe Rory MacDonald is the best WW on the planet.. Love to see him come back to UFC

9 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This is what I see coming. Conor is a great show man but he's been exposed last couple years as a one trick pony with that Left hand bomb

Awful take. his last fight before the Khabib fight he picked apart and embarrassed Eddie Alvarez, who is a legend of the sport. Conor's being slept on hard right now, since he hasn't been fighting, people forget what he can do.

22 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Awful take. his last fight before the Khabib fight he picked apart and embarrassed Eddie Alvarez, who is a legend of the sport. Conor's being slept on hard right now, since he hasn't been fighting, people forget what he can do.

Well he should beat Cerrone but I'd have him a dog against Ferguson, Khabib, Holloway, Gaethje or any ranked WW.

I'd have him 50/50 against Nate or Poirier so I suppose I am sleeping on Conor but we'll never know because he's gonna handpick the rest of opponents the rest of his career which he's earned thru PPV buys and marketing.

2 sub losses in last 4 fights indicates a one trick pony to me.

Edited by BillsGuy82
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Well he should beat Cerrone but I'd have him a dog against Ferguson, Khabib, Holloway, Gaethje or any ranked WW.

I'd have him 50/50 against Nate or Poirier so I suppose I am sleeping on Conor but we'll never know because he's gonna handpick the rest of opponents the rest of his career which he's earned thru PPV buys and marketing.

2 sub losses in last 4 fights indicates a one trick pony to me.

Nate Diaz - black belt since 2012, 9 sub wins in the UFC

Khabib - quite possibly the best grappler in the sport

Getting subbed by those two doesn't make him a one trick pony. This isn't a Brandon Thatch scenario - that's a clear case of someone getting exposed.

You're showing massive recency bias here (which the entire MMA community is guilty of). He lost his last fight, so he's a bum.

56 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Nate Diaz - black belt since 2012, 9 sub wins in the UFC

Khabib - quite possibly the best grappler in the sport

Getting subbed by those two doesn't make him a one trick pony. This isn't a Brandon Thatch scenario - that's a clear case of someone getting exposed.

You're showing massive recency bias here (which the entire MMA community is guilty of). He lost his last fight, so he's a bum.

No, he's not a bum don't put words in my mouth. He's a one trick pony. If we want to break him down and consider his movement and footwork than I suppose we can amp up the talk but his TDD is below average, his wrestling in non existent, his JJ is non existent this is MMA not boxing

In the same breathe of crediting Diaz and Khabib. Is it wrong for someone to say "well these dudes took the time to become more well rounded fighters?"

I'm a fan of Conor, he earned his spot 100%, but in this sport you can fall off in a heart beat while not training everyday and touring the world promoting your brand. I'm not hating but until I see a more dedicated performance and evolution out of Conor, I'm gonna call it how I see it.

15 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

No, he's not a bum don't put words in my mouth. He's a one trick pony. If we want to break him down and consider his movement and footwork than I suppose we can amp up the talk but his TDD is below average, his wrestling in non existent, his JJ is non existent this is MMA not boxing

In the same breathe of crediting Diaz and Khabib. Is it wrong for someone to say "well these dudes took the time to become more well rounded fighters?"

I'm a fan of Conor, he earned his spot 100%, but in this sport you can fall off in a heart beat while not training everyday and touring the world promoting your brand. I'm not hating but until I see a more dedicated performance and evolution out of Conor, I'm gonna call it how I see it.

Conor didn't get taken down in the first fight, he initiated the grappling himself after getting rocked on the feet

Diaz landed 1 of 7 takedowns in the second fight.

Khabib landed 3 of 7 takedowns in their fight.

Alvarez tried and failed to take Conor down.

This doesn't indicate below average tdd and non-existent wrestling

• Like 1