MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Well he should beat Cerrone but I'd have him a dog against Ferguson, Khabib, Holloway, Gaethje or any ranked WW.

I'd have him 50/50 against Nate or Poirier so I suppose I am sleeping on Conor but we'll never know because he's gonna handpick the rest of opponents the rest of his career which he's earned thru PPV buys and marketing.

2 sub losses in last 4 fights indicates a one trick pony to me.

I agree with some of this but Gaethje over Conor? Why?

obviously stats have to be taken with a grain of salt, especially in MMA, but I'm not sure what you've seen that indicates Conor's takedown defense and wrestling is so bad. if it's because he got taken down 3 out of 4 rounds against the best grappler in the game, then you're selling Khabib massively short.

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

obviously stats have to be taken with a grain of salt, especially in MMA, but I'm not sure what you've seen that indicates Conor's takedown defense and wrestling is so bad. if it's because he got taken down 3 out of 4 rounds against the best grappler in the game, then you're selling Khabib massively short.

An above average wrestler will most likely have their way with conor if he doesn't land on them.  Alvarez waited and got slept.  Conor has ok tdd for about a round...and then his relatively poor gas tank kicks in.  

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree with some of this but Gaethje over Conor? Why?

Crazy chin, always going forward. I think he'd might be the only guy at 155 who might be able to take Conor's bomb, key word being might . Could be punch drunk after though lol

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Crazy chin, always going forward. I think he'd might be the only guy at 155 who might be able to take Conor's bomb, key word being might . Could be punch drunk after though lol

Someone willing to go head first into a buzzsaw isnt really what i would consider a bad matchup for conor.