MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

35 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

lots of unexciting ME fights being announced today 

I mean its pretty much what we all expected but its not that exciting because Bones and Lioness are freaking beasts that look unstoppable so its hard to get that excited when you expect them to murder their opponents 

Psa: ONE Championship has a huge event coming up this Sunday (local time)

https://www.onefc.com/events/

Main event is jacked Philipino Eduard Folyang in a title fight against Shinya Aoki.

The card also features Angela Lee (atomweight champ) fighting for a second belt at strawweight.

Aung La Nsang (middleweight and light heavyweight champ from Myanmar) defending the MW belt.

Bantamweight championship rematch.

ONE debuts of Demetrious Johnson and Eddie Alvarez.

Garry Tonon (bjj superstar) also fighting in MMA on this card.

4 title fights, a ton of star power. Pretty ridiculous card top to bottom

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Psa: ONE Championship has a huge event coming up this Sunday (local time)

https://www.onefc.com/events/

Main event is jacked Philipino Eduard Folyang in a title fight against Shinya Aoki.

The card also features Angela Lee (atomweight champ) fighting for a second belt at strawweight.

Aung La Nsang (middleweight and light heavyweight champ from Myanmar) defending the MW belt.

Bantamweight championship rematch.

ONE debuts of Demetrious Johnson and Eddie Alvarez.

Garry Tonon (bjj superstar) also fighting in MMA on this card.

4 title fights, a ton of star power. Pretty ridiculous card top to bottom

Might have to check it out. So weird to see a mens strawweight division 

49 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Thiago Santos is a legit threat to Jones. Jones is gonna get floored at some point of his career. This might be the fight.

Im excited for this

I like it better than the Lionheart fight but i feel like all Santos has is 1 punch chance. He will get taken down and beaten to a pulp. I think a wrestler with good standup has a better chance than a great/elite striker with avg TDD

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I like it better than the Lionheart fight but i feel like all Santos has is 1 punch chance. He will get taken down and beaten to a pulp. I think a wrestler with good standup has a better chance than a great/elite striker with avg TDD

Yea Santos seems like the kind of dude who is gonna go for the glory and chance getting dropped to win. My kind of dude tbh

Lionheart seemed like he didnt have a plan or if he did he didnt have a backup plan

55 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Yea Santos seems like the kind of dude who is gonna go for the glory and chance getting dropped to win. My kind of dude tbh

Lionheart seemed like he didnt have a plan or if he did he didnt have a backup plan

Yea i mean its one thing to have heart but you cant win if you dont throw/land do anything lol

Im just wondering if Santos has the tank to last beyond 3 rounds. He’s never had to and most fights he wins are inside of 10 minutes 

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea i mean its one thing to have heart but you cant win if you dont throw/land do anything lol

Im just wondering if Santos has the tank to last beyond 3 rounds. He’s never had to and most fights he wins are inside of 10 minutes 

Thats why im thinking this isn't gonna go the distance and Santos may be the guy who finally puts Jones out. Likely in a wild exchange