MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

23 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

rewatching this fight i was cracking up

To quote Joe Rogan,

Thiago Santos throws missiles at your **cking face.

There are only 3 things that could happen

-Jones catches Santos and either gets a KO or Stoppage

-Santos gets a lucky shot and naps Jon.

-Jones picks him apart and destroys him mentally like anthony smith, Gus 2, and DC 2.

I can say one thing though. Jon Jones NEVA LOST

3 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

-Jones catches Santos and either gets a KO or Stoppage

Don't see this happening tbh. See Jones fighting a very conservative fight, at least in the earlier rounds. It was the same thing against Anthony Smith - the only chance Smith really had was to make it ugly and catch Jon with something, so Jon fought really safe. He didn't put himself in a position to land a KO shot, but at the same time he didn't let Smith do the same.

Think Jones will just keep the distance and keep Thiago away. if Thiago gets out of line, he probably gets taken down and finished. Otherwise, Jon takes it into the championship rounds and either finishes him late, or wins by easy decision.

20 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Don't see this happening tbh. See Jones fighting a very conservative fight, at least in the earlier rounds. It was the same thing against Anthony Smith - the only chance Smith really had was to make it ugly and catch Jon with something, so Jon fought really safe. He didn't put himself in a position to land a KO shot, but at the same time he didn't let Smith do the same.

Think Jones will just keep the distance and keep Thiago away. if Thiago gets out of line, he probably gets taken down and finished. Otherwise, Jon takes it into the championship rounds and either finishes him late, or wins by easy decision.

Agreed. Thiago's ground game doesn't seem like a BJJ black belt.

Watching the clip above, I'm wondering if his cardio is awful or he was going for it when Jimi was hurt but gassed because Jimi wasn't in trouble the 2nd half(at least not more than anyone Santos fights before getting finished). I feel like if he doesn't get the KO inside of 2 rounds, maybe even the 1st half of round 2, he'll be toast