MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

28 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Floyd should just fight Pac man 1 more time and put a stop to all the crap. I think Pac man is better now than floyd probably is, but May-Mac was better than May-Pac lol. 

May-Pac was like watching Dancing with the Stars. Mcgregor had Floyd first 4 rounds.

I think Floyds thing was to let mcgregor gas himself and then just beat him with good boxing.

Floyd let him have those rounds and thats coming from someone that cant stand Floyd. They knew his tank wasnt that great and once he gassed he was done. 

14 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

hope we get Edwards vs the weasel Masvidal now. makes sense where they both are at right now, even without factoring the personal stuff.

Agreed. With Colby already fighting Lawler thats the matchup to make. Ponzi is sitting there in the wings too but why hasnt he fought this year?

Who is Usmans next fight though? I wonder if Usman gets Masvidal now and Ponzi fights Edwards

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed. With Colby already fighting Lawler thats the matchup to make. Ponzi is sitting there in the wings too but why hasnt he fought this year?

Who is Usmans next fight though? I wonder if Usman gets Masvidal now and Ponzi fights Edwards

Guessing Usman will fight late this year. They're likely waiting until the Covington-Lawler fight to decide who's next for Usman, since that potentially changes things a lot.

If Covington wins, he gets the shot (they probably make Edwards vs the Weasel too). If Colby loses, the Weasel gets the shot.

been wondering the same about Ponzi. Not sure if he's had injuries, or he's just not taking any fights. tbh if it's the latter, it's not a terrible decision, since all the other contenders are kinda taking each other out right now.

WW is so interesting, and so open right now. if Colby loses against Lawler, it's all up in the air. No #1 contender, but so many guys who seem like they're 1 or 2 wins away from a shot. Woodley, the Weasel, Santi, Edwards, even the Pettis/Diaz winner could easily be in the mix. Also Elizeu and Luque are probably one big win from being in the conversation.

Only problem is, I don't think I see anyone who can stop Usman's wrestling. feel like Usman holds the belt for a while.

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why are people complaining about the stoppage victory for Hardy? Yea he can complain about but the fact is he was taking major shots and wasnt moving

I didn't see many people complaining about the stoppage, except for Adams himself after the fight. think if anyone's complaining, it's because Adams seemed like he just gave up, so it didn't feel like a definitive result.

my thoughts are, people are underestimating the power Hardy has (his opponents included). Feels like Adams went out there confident, then once he got hit with one of those short shots he didn't know what to do. the reaction from guys who get hit by Hardy is similar to when Ngannou hits someone. it's like, they went out there ready to get hit, but they weren't ready for that kind of power.

honestly don't think Hardy's that far off from being able to take out guys in the top 10.

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Guessing Usman will fight late this year. They're likely waiting until the Covington-Lawler fight to decide who's next for Usman, since that potentially changes things a lot.

If Covington wins, he gets the shot (they probably make Edwards vs the Weasel too). If Colby loses, the Weasel gets the shot.

been wondering the same about Ponzi. Not sure if he's had injuries, or he's just not taking any fights. tbh if it's the latter, it's not a terrible decision, since all the other contenders are kinda taking each other out right now.

WW is so interesting, and so open right now. if Colby loses against Lawler, it's all up in the air. No #1 contender, but so many guys who seem like they're 1 or 2 wins away from a shot. Woodley, the Weasel, Santi, Edwards, even the Pettis/Diaz winner could easily be in the mix. Also Elizeu and Luque are probably one big win from being in the conversation.

Only problem is, I don't think I see anyone who can stop Usman's wrestling. feel like Usman holds the belt for a while.

I dont want Colby to win but he is the only obvious option to fight Marty assuming Colby beats Lawler.

I think you can make the case for Weasel as the obvious #2 just because of his last 2 incredible KOs vs contenders.

Woodley was so terrible he can't get an immediate rematch, now if he would have taken the Lawler fight and won via KO like the 1st time, then maybe but he needs to make people forget about what a terrible performance that was vs Marty

Edwards needs another legit win as it seems like RDA is now just a high level gatekeeper and Ponzi has been inactive and needs a legit win or 2 on his resume 

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I didn't see many people complaining about the stoppage, except for Adams himself after the fight. think if anyone's complaining, it's because Adams seemed like he just gave up, so it didn't feel like a definitive result.

my thoughts are, people are underestimating the power Hardy has (his opponents included). Feels like Adams went out there confident, then once he got hit with one of those short shots he didn't know what to do. the reaction from guys who get hit by Hardy is similar to when Ngannou hits someone. it's like, they went out there ready to get hit, but they weren't ready for that kind of power.

honestly don't think Hardy's that far off from being able to take out guys in the top 10.

I want to agree with the 3rd part but I want to see it sooner rather than later. I know the Allen Crowder fight didn't help his ascension but I'd like to see him fight a conventional striker that we know. 

Adams was ridiculously pissed, like dude what did you expect? You were in no position to tap and your face was covered up so he couldnt see if your lights were out. Your only chance was Hardy to gas himself out with the bombs he was dropping on you 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I want to agree with the 3rd part but I want to see it sooner rather than later. I know the Allen Crowder fight didn't help his ascension but I'd like to see him fight a conventional striker that we know. 

Adams was ridiculously pissed, like dude what did you expect? You were in no position to tap and your face was covered up so he couldnt see if your lights were out. Your only chance was Hardy to gas himself out with the bombs he was dropping on you 

I think half (or maybe more) or Adams being pissed was him being pissed about the result. He talked it up a lot, about how much he hates Hardy and how much he wanted to fight him, and then Hardy came out and kind of ragdolled him.

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Jon accused of inappropriately doing stuff to a waitress. Potential for jail time. 

I can tell you right now he is CONSTANTLY at strip clubs and doing this in downtown ABQ. One of my good friends is a waitress and has had multiple poor encounters with him. Makes it really hard to root for him despite his house being less then 10 minutes from mine. We’ll see what happens but this is definitely not good for his future fighting endeavors.

• Like 1