MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I hate that 1 takedown can potentially win a round but stuffed takedowns rarely matter on scorecards. Like, Frankie is 1-8 on attempts. That should favor Holloway on scorecards.

1 for 13 now and he's taking the harder shots. Any judge that gives this fight to Edgar is a ******* fool.

Fight went kinda as expected. Pretty clear 50-45 imo, Frankie wasn't far off in most rounds, but he was just a step behind.

Definitely thought there were some promising signs for Volkanovski in this fight. There were signs he could have success doing the same kind of things Edgar did, but with more speed and explosiveness. I think that will be a really great fight.

23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Kid is 27 years old and already a legend and Hall of Famer. Could be a really, really long reign at the top of 145.

If he beats Volkanovski, I'd kinda like to see him take a super fight or two at at 155 again before going back to 145, because there are some killers who will be at title contention at 145 in a year or two. Yair, Kattar, Burgos, Arnold Allen, Dan Ige, and more.

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

100%, winging punches and going to get tagged early and often

Yep. Spencer was tagging her clean and if she had any power in those hands, probably stops her because of how heavily Cyborg was sitting on her punches. Her momentum would knock her out against any striker with decent power at this point.

If she gets Amanda again, she needs to fight her how she fought Holly Holm. Patient and technical, picking shots, not forcing them.