MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

23 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

^the crazy thing I see on Aldo is that he's been in the fight game for such a long time but he's ONLY 32 years old but I agree with @big poppa pump Aldo is done. He's still good enough but to me he's probably nothing more than a Gate Guardian now. Someone who the UFC will put up against a hot talent to see if the hot talent is good enough.

He should honestly just hang it up. 

Also, when is Frankie Edgar going to cut down to 135? I would love to see him fight Cejudo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buckrock101 said:

lots of fighters do. it didn't seem to deplete him much come fight time, and in the weigh ins it's not like he looked miserable about it. he just looked kinda... holocaust-y. Max sorta does too.

He could barely make 145 when he was 27 years old and he'll be 31/32 the next time that he fights. I don't think his body can handle the cut to 145 anymore, even when he was doing it in 2015 his coach was begging him to move up. Max's frame is a lot skinnier/thinner than Conor's, he has been extremely active fighting wise/staying in shape, and he's only 27 years old. In 4 years there's almost zero chance that Max is still fighting at FW.

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

lots of fighters do. it didn't seem to deplete him much come fight time, and in the weigh ins it's not like he looked miserable about it. he just looked kinda... holocaust-y. Max sorta does too.

This. He seems to perform his best as a crackhead but doesn't look bad fighting at it. On twitter, Dustin Poirier says that on actual fight day at lightweight he tips the scales at 176-178 like clockwork.

THAT is not normal

On 7/31/2019 at 12:58 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

This. He seems to perform his best as a crackhead but doesn't look bad fighting at it. On twitter, Dustin Poirier says that on actual fight day at lightweight he tips the scales at 176-178 like clockwork.

THAT is not normal

khabib is consistently at 180 making his walk. its not that crazy for the bigger 155ers to be 20-25lbs heavier in the cage

Pretty wild One FC event tonight.

Mighty Mouse went up against a guy who was wayyy bigger than him, got his back taken for most of the first round. Then he came back, got top position a lot and hurt the other guy on the ground to win the decision.

Eddie got dropped by a leg kick in the first round, it looked like his leg was really injured and the fight was about to be over. Then his opponent (former champ Eduard Folayang) went down to finish him, Eddie survived (barely) for a while, before Eddie eventually reversed it and won by RNC.

A few other crazy fights on the main card, too.

4 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Pretty wild One FC event tonight.

Mighty Mouse went up against a guy who was wayyy bigger than him, got his back taken for most of the first round. Then he came back, got top position a lot and hurt the other guy on the ground to win the decision.

Eddie got dropped by a leg kick in the first round, it looked like his leg was really injured and the fight was about to be over. Then his opponent (former champ Eduard Folayang) went down to finish him, Eddie survived (barely) for a while, before Eddie eventually reversed it and won by RNC.

A few other crazy fights on the main card, too.

What time do One FC cards usually air in the US? I've been meaning to watch some of their fights but they don't really market them in the U.S. market. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What time do One FC cards usually air in the US? I've been meaning to watch some of their fights but they don't really market them in the U.S. market. 

Main card for this one started at 8.30am EST, I think. That's around the time they usually start, sometimes a little earlier.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

2 things:

Was Robbies split from ATT a bad one or something? What happened there?

Also, what did Colby mean calling out Matt Hughes like that?

Colby claims he left because of a picture at the gym when Woodley ko'd him. Robbie says it was nothing personal just looking for a change. 

The Hughes call out im sure is just his shtick trying to push all the buttons and lock up a title fight.