MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'd love for Frankie Edgar to actually fight at 135 and murder Cringe man. He mustve paid off the judges in the 2nd DJ fight. He was getting whooped.

I have no interest in conor fighting pettis. Pettis isn't even a has been, he's a never was. Conor needs to fight someone that's good NOW and produce something. 

He's an idiot

I agree Edgar v CCC would be fun

Pettis might not be nearly as exciting as before but a never was? Come on man

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So is Diaz going to fail a drug test?

No. Well maybe lol. But not because he was smoking at the workouts. He was smoking CBD, which isn't against the rules. I'm not sure why someone would smoke CBD tho, I don't think it does anything (as far as getting high goes). 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree Edgar v CCC would be fun

Pettis might not be nearly as exciting as before but a never was? Come on man

Pettis is crazy exciting when people stand and bang with him. His fights with Ferguson, Poirier, Wonderboy, Oliveira and Chiesa were all super fun. That doesn't include the fights on his run from WEC to the UFC belt. 

This "never was" **** is, by far, the worst take I've ever seen in regards to MMA. 

At least Pettis defended his title, which is more than McGregor can say. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 3

Better put some respek on Pettis' name. He should get a lot of credit for taking on all challengers in 3 different weight classes. He's fought the best of his generation outside of Khabib and Conor

I think the only Pettis performance that I was actually disappointed in was against Barboza. That one made me sad lol

Edited by Re-Drew-Vinated
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

No. Well maybe lol. But not because he was smoking at the workouts. He was smoking CBD, which isn't against the rules. I'm not sure why someone would smoke CBD tho, I don't think it does anything (as far as getting high goes). 

Its amazing how great his cardio is with how much he smokes

6 hours ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Better put some respek on Pettis' name. He should get a lot of credit for taking on all challengers in 3 different weight classes. He's fought the best of his generation outside of Khabib and Conor

I think the only Pettis performance that I was actually disappointed in was against Barboza. That one made me sad lol

The RDA one too but his face was super swollen so early you knew it was done

10 hours ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Oh no doubt, man's a warrior. He fights anyone, and always goes out there to put on a show. Guy'll win by head kick or armbar from guard.

When I first got into MMA it ways when he was champion, between the Melendez and RDA fights. I thought the guy was unbeatable. I'd love to see him win the belt again, especially after how much he's gone through, the losses, the injuries, the trying but failing to go down to 145, his truck getting burned down...

So much respect for this guy.

• Like 1