MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

58 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Al is the best wrestler is has faced in like 7 years. Al barely even wrestles in his fights and is a real estate agent mostly. 

this is like saying gaethje isnt a good wrestler cause he doesnt use it in fights. i mean, really? Also, whats al's training schedule since you have handy?

10 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

this is like saying gaethje isnt a good wrestler cause he doesnt use it in fights. i mean, really? Also, whats al's training schedule since you have handy?

You can only go off what they put on screen. Lee got 3 of 5. Khabib got 6 TDs. Al went for 9 TDs against Jorge, got 0. Etc

Are you saying Al is an awesome wrestler?

Also I was joking on the real estate comment. But he does only have 4 fights in a little over 4 years. And he does talk about his real estate stuff a lot.

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Dustin had that guillotine until he had to re-grip. Khabib was in massive trouble but once he got out, it was over. 

In retrospect, when Khabib rolled to his back to defend it Dustin should've used that to either try and get on top, or transition to the darce. Pretty sure Dustin has a mean darce choke, and it was in the perfect position to switch to it for a second.

I can see why he stuck with the guillotine though, definitely felt like a hail mary play, and credit to him it was pretty close. Helped that the fence was in the perfect position to stop Khabib from passing to the opposite side the head is on, which is the ideal defense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buckrock101 said:

In retrospect, when Khabib rolled to his back to defend it Dustin should've used that to either try and get on top, or transition to the darce. Pretty sure Dustin has a mean darce choke, and it was in the perfect position to switch to it for a second.

I can see why he stuck with the guillotine though, definitely felt like a hail mary play, and credit to him it was pretty close. Helped that the fence was in the perfect position to stop Khabib from passing to the opposite side the head is on, which is the ideal defense.

Yep. Agreed with everything here. 

I'm ready to see how El Cucuy comes at Khabib. 

Obviously should be Khabib vs Tony next. Then I'd love to see the winner of Cowboy vs Gaethje fight Conor as a title eliminator for the next shot.

I actually think Gaethje has one of the best chances of anyone at 155 to beat Khabib. He's crazy enough that he's not going to break mentally, like a lot of Khabib's opponents do. And they both have the same high-pressure style on the feet, where they want to keep coming forward at all times. I'm fascinated to see how that fight would play out.

14 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Obviously should be Khabib vs Tony next. Then I'd love to see the winner of Cowboy vs Gaethje fight Conor as a title eliminator for the next shot.

I actually think Gaethje has one of the best chances of anyone at 155 to beat Khabib. He's crazy enough that he's not going to break mentally, like a lot of Khabib's opponents do. And they both have the same high-pressure style on the feet, where they want to keep coming forward at all times. I'm fascinated to see how that fight would play out.

I'm excited to see Gaethje fight anyone haha

Tony v Khabib is the obvious fight to make

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is there a reason we dont talk about Khabib in the conversation for GOAT at least for LWs?

Just seems like we throw out GOAT to other guys/girls but not him

because he'd only had one title defense before this. Even a fanboy like me would say that's hella premature. But he's starting to get there now - obviously the Tony fight is the big decider for where he stands all-time at LW.