MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

UFC 244 is starting to shape up with a potential matchup between Usman and Covington, Till vs Gastelum, Anderson vs Walker. 

To add a bit more meat to the card, which title fight or top 10 matchup do you guys think would be a good addition?

I'm thinking Holloway vs Volkanovski... or maybe they keep that fight on tap for an Australia card.

I'd like to see Jones fight, but I have no idea who.

19 hours ago, Hail Mary said:

UFC 244 is starting to shape up with a potential matchup between Usman and Covington, Till vs Gastelum, Anderson vs Walker. 

To add a bit more meat to the card, which title fight or top 10 matchup do you guys think would be a good addition?

I'm thinking Holloway vs Volkanovski... or maybe they keep that fight on tap for an Australia card.

I'd like to see Jones fight, but I have no idea who.

Not sure they add another title fight - Colby and Marty can carry the weight of this card. The only title fight I can see them adding is if the go for the Yan-Sterling interim fight that Sterling has been calling for. That sets in for a decent co-main event and pretty much loads the main card w/ Usman-Colby, Yan-Sterling, Till-Gastleum, BB-Ivanov, & Walker-Anderson.

If the Sterling-Yan thing doesn't happen (which I don't believe it will) maybe we get something like Ortega-Zombie, Rose-Suarez, or Masvidal-Diaz/Edwards as the co-main. 

23 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Not sure they add another title fight - Colby and Marty can carry the weight of this card. The only title fight I can see them adding is if the go for the Yan-Sterling interim fight that Sterling has been calling for. That sets in for a decent co-main event and pretty much loads the main card w/ Usman-Colby, Yan-Sterling, Till-Gastleum, BB-Ivanov, & Walker-Anderson.

If the Sterling-Yan thing doesn't happen (which I don't believe it will) maybe we get something like Ortega-Zombie, Rose-Suarez, or Masvidal-Diaz/Edwards as the co-main. 

Good points. All that you listed could be great fights. 

Yan/Sterling is a fight that I'm interested in.

I just figured they'd want to add a title fight because it is the annual New York event, all eyes will be on it. 209 was such a stacked card, although that was then, this is now.

It's already shaping up quite nicely though.

Edited by Hail Mary