MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yoel-Costa going 3 insane rounds shocked the hell out of me. There's nobody alive that can convince me that Yoel isn't taking roids. He took a **** ton of clean power shots like they were jabs. 

(same can be said for Costa btw)

Yea that fight was incredible. I didn't want anyone to lose and want all to fight Izzy or Kelvin or Robert

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Nate won me over today. I took a long *** time to warm up to Nick too. I actually disliked Nick in Strikeforce and was pulling hard for Daley to KO him. Now? Nick's my favorite non-Silva fighter ever. In regards to Nate, I thought he was a knockoff of his brother but he's developed into his own persona and it's legit. Mad respect.

Beekay are you maturing as a fight fan? 

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Stipe is a bad dude.  So happy for my Cleveland brutha.  It did not look good early, but he was able to eat the shots that put him out in the first fight.  As many of you said, it was either the gas tank on E for DC, or the body shots by Stipe, or both that did in Cormier.  A scary rematch awaits Stipe against Ngannou, and I'm not so sure he can get past that power a 2nd time, but we shall see.

Very excited for the rematch, much more than I would have been after their 1st fight but we say Stipe get KO'd and Ngannou is back on a roll too. Should be quite the clash of the titans

Surprised how easily Diaz beat Pettis. Really good performance. 

Cormier kept playing with fire staying right in range and not respecting Stipe's power. Great adjustment going to the body in the 4th round. But Cormier had already started to gas a bit even before that. 

Thought Romero won 29-28 but can't complain too much about the decision. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thought Romero won 29-28 but can't complain too much about the decision. 

Reminded me a lot of the Till/Wonderboy fight. Such a close one but the UFC couldn't give it to Wonderboy/Romero with it being that close, they needed new blood at the top of the division.