MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i watch 95% of ufc fights probably (early pre's included) and i recognize 7/20 of the people on this next fight night 

me too. but with Zaleski and my man Kai Kara France on the card I'm excited. Plus it's on a Saturday night here. Time to get drunk and watch some chinese people fight

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Very excited for the rematch, much more than I would have been after their 1st fight but we say Stipe get KO'd and Ngannou is back on a roll too. Should be quite the clash of the titans

DC said his coaches told him to wrestle(I assume in R4). I feel asleep before this fight but man sucks that he lost when it seemed like he was winning the first three rounds. I also saw that the finish happened within a min left in the round as well.

I hope they run it back one more time since they both each have a TKO win over each other but it would not surprise me if DC walked away.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

DC said his coaches told him to wrestle(I assume in R4). I feel asleep before this fight but man sucks that he lost when it seemed like he was winning the first three rounds. I also saw that the finish happened within a min left in the round as well.

I hope they run it back one more time since they both each have a TKO win over each other but it would not surprise me if DC walked away.

Whether or not he was told to wrestle didnt play a factor though. I dont think he shot for a TD at all in that round 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

I've never seen a fighter have his opponent in trouble against the cage, and literally back up to the center of the octagon to let them off the hook like Yoel did TWICE in the 3rd. Did he not know he needed a finish? 

1000% why i said his corner must have did him dirty because i thought he was clearly down 2-0 and just when i thought he could get the finish against the odds he backed off!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonStark said:

I've never seen a fighter have his opponent in trouble against the cage, and literally back up to the center of the octagon to let them off the hook like Yoel did TWICE in the 3rd. Did he not know he needed a finish? 

A lot of people thought Yoel won. Hence the crowd booing the decision. I don't think it is unlikely he thought if he won the 3rd he would win the fight. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

A lot of people thought Yoel won. Hence the crowd booing the decision. I don't think it is unlikely he thought if he won the 3rd he would win the fight. 

Even if you're winning, how does letting your opponent off the cage help you?

• Like 1

Great, great card. A lot of expected outcomes (at least for me). What I found the most funny though was how many telling details came out of the embedded series. For example, DC meets Stipe in the hotel lobby and shakes his hand and walks away to his room. In his room he starts talking about the handshake to his friends and mentions just how much stronger it felt and he legitimately seemed concerned that Stipe has gotten a lot more powerful compared to their last fight. Crazy how you can pick up on little things like that just by watching behind the scenes features. In another episode, Pettis is training kicks and tells the camera he expects Nate to throw strictly punches and he expects it to be a war on the feet. However, every time you see Diaz training in the series, he's doing exactly what he did Saturday - pressuring his opponents and grappling on the ground.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:02 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

As fun as Pettis is to watch and as tough as he is I cant help but think he is closer to the end than most want to admit. I know he is younger than most but he has a lot of hard miles in his career. He takes on so much damage just about every fight that it has changed him a bit as a fighter. He is every bit as game as he has ever been but when he wants to react and do something his body is not responding like in the past. He will be a fighter i miss watching when he does retire because there is nothing boring about him.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

DC meets Stipe in the hotel lobby and shakes his hand and walks away to his room. In his room he starts talking about the handshake to his friends and mentions just how much stronger it felt and he legitimately seemed concerned that Stipe has gotten a lot more powerful compared to their last fight.

DC's always been one of the best at the subtle-promotion/build in lead-ups 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Snack said:

As fun as Pettis is to watch and as tough as he is I cant help but think he is closer to the end than most want to admit. I know he is younger than most but he has a lot of hard miles in his career. He takes on so much damage just about every fight that it has changed him a bit as a fighter. He is every bit as game as he has ever been but when he wants to react and do something his body is not responding like in the past. He will be a fighter i miss watching when he does retire because there is nothing boring about him.

I agree.

Pettis was one of the first fighters I became a fan of when I first started seriously watching MMA back in 2012. 

I'll shed a single manly tear when he retires.

• Like 1

Just saw the Conor video where he punches that old dude. That old dude is set for life.  

I’m a fan of Conor but if I ever see him I’m talking maddd s*** hoping with his temper he’ll snap and KO me. Easiest 100 grand you’ll ever make in your life lol.