MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cerrone vs. McGregor in the washed up bowl.

McGregor hasn't had a win since 2016?

cowboy isn't washed at all, he looked like he was peaking earlier this year. mcgregor probably gonna be better than ever. 

think conor finishes him in 1 unfortunately tho 

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

cowboy isn't washed at all, he looked like he was peaking earlier this year. mcgregor probably gonna be better than ever. 

think conor finishes him in 1 unfortunately tho 

Looked like he was peaking until he ran into somebody good.

McGregor's lost control of his own life. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Looked like he was peaking until he ran into somebody good.

that's been his whole career tho lol. maybe tho his chin is seemingly increasingly sus i guess, but feel like he always sucks for 6 months and then comes back and gives the community false hope he's gonna finally win some huge ones. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

McGregor's lost control of his own life. 

he sounds like 2014 conor again imo. think he still gets by everyone besides khabib 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

McGregor hasn't had a win since 2016?

Diaz has won 1 fight since 2016 and is 4-4 in his last 8. Masvidal is 2-2 in his last 4. Yet they're fighting for a made-up belt and headlining MSG because Nate was able to string together 3 coherent sentences after a decent victory over a washed Pettis. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

that's been his whole career tho lol. maybe tho his chin is seemingly increasingly sus i guess, but feel like he always sucks for 6 months and then comes back and gives the community false hope he's gonna finally win some huge ones. 

he sounds like 2014 conor again imo. think he still gets by everyone besides khabib 

Ferguson murders McGregor

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Diaz has won 1 fight since 2016 and is 4-4 in his last 8. Masvidal is 2-2 in his last 4. Yet they're fighting for a made-up belt and headlining MSG because Nate was able to string together 3 coherent sentences after a decent victory over a washed Pettis. 

Fair point

18 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I mean, Ben was retired before as well. He came out of retirement to fight in the UFC, which was the only thing his career was missing at that point. Wouldn't be surprising to see him retire for good now.

What's left for him in the sport? There's basically no chance that he's ever getting a title shot in the UFC. 

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At 1:55 he admits that he gassed... Lmao. 

His first fight in 3 years. I'm sure he'll be even better shape. His cardio is insane and top 3 in the UFC, regardless of weight class. And he fought at a lighter weight class for like over 10 years.

I think you're just east coast bias.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

7 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

His first fight in 3 years. I'm sure he'll be even better shape. His cardio is insane and top 3 in the UFC, regardless of weight class.

I think you're just east coast bias.

Nate is 1-2 in his career against legit 170 pounders. We've seen him go the distance once in 3 years and he gassed in 3 rounds against a 155er fighting at WW. I live in the Bay Area, but I am extremely confident that Nate is getting finished on Saturday night. I'll be shocked if he wins. 

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

he's too rock-able imo 

Agreed. Pettis had him a couple times and he should've worked cowboy way harder than he already did.

Tony is so insanely awkward, I could see him even getting stand up KO'd by Khabib for crying out loud. Let alone Conor. 

People say he got a lucky shot against Aldo, I say Aldo fights like a flailing psycho and if you have good accuracy and timing, like Conor does, night night.

I'm not saying Conor easily beats Tony. But if Tony got KO'd by him in the first 2 rounds, I wouldn't be shocked. At all.