MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Nate is 1-2 in his career against legit 170 pounders. We've seen him go the distance once in 3 years and he gassed in 3 rounds against a 155er fighting at WW. I live in the Bay Area, but I am extremely confident that Nate is getting finished on Saturday night. I'll be shocked if he wins. 

Ok and Masvidal got worked by Wonderboy less than 2 years ago, Larkin and Benson about 2 or so years ago too. 

Nate Diaz is not an overrated Ben Askren.

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

Agreed. Pettis had him a couple times and he should've worked cowboy way harder than he already did.

Tony is so insanely awkward, I could see him even getting stand up KO'd by Khabib for crying out loud. Let alone Conor. 

People say he got a lucky shot against Aldo, I say Aldo fights like a flailing psycho and if you have good accuracy and timing, like Conor does, night night.

I'm not saying Conor easily beats Tony. But if Tony got KO'd by him in the first 2 rounds, I wouldn't be shocked. At all.

feel like he's been dropped in every fight since the lando war. think if conor puts him down it's over. but yeah ferg could easily beat him. that'd be the most most anticipated conor fight besides the jorge fight for me

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

feel like he's been dropped in every fight since the lando war. think if conor puts him down it's over. but yeah ferg could easily beat him. that'd be the most most anticipated conor fight besides the jorge fight for me

I want the Trilogy. The 2nd fight was awesome. Only behind Lawler/Condit and Lawler/Rory. Wouldn't mind a slugfest with Gaethje.

But, I'll believe it when it happens. I'm tired of Ferguson being the heavier Cejudo with his cringe mouth.

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Ok and Masvidal got worked by Wonderboy less than 2 years ago, Larkin and Benson about 2 or so years ago too. 

Nate Diaz is not an overrated Ben Askren.

Nate Diaz is a journeyman level 155er going up to fight a dude that's been putting guys out cold. 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

checkmate to anyone who thinks nate has good cardio 

I never said he didn't have good cardio, just that he gassed in his last fight and there's a limited sample size of him fighting at 170. He has gone 5 rounds at 170 once in his entire career and it was against Conor McGregor a 145er. 

Edited by NYRaider

6 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

checkmate to anyone who thinks nate has good cardio 

his last two fights weren't super impressive showcases of cardio. he def gassed vs. conor later in the fight and he was exhausted at the end of the pettis fight. tho I don't think it showed too much in his performance. and those are two dudes who have questionable cardio at best lol

pettis also dominated the open striking, i think the only thing nate caught pettis in the open w/ in the first 7 minutes of the fight was a body kick. the fight changed mostly imo because pettis landed a kick and hurt his foot/leg and/or cause pettis got tired per usual

tho they should do a combat bjj match cause that was fun rolling to watch

6 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

he lost split decisions to larkin and ben, both he could have arguably won

getting outpointed vs wonderboy doesn't say a whole lot either, basically everyone but woodley has had that happen to them. and woodley basically had to stall the fight to make that happen. (till technically won but iirc I thought WB won and Pettis KO'd him but for the most part WB was easily winning that fight)

On 10/29/2019 at 8:30 PM, FinneasGage said:

As a big Tony fan, the first few minutes are very troublesome as he takes a while to find his groove much like Cowboy too. If they can survive the beginning they are golden but when you fight the best of the best you cant be susceptible to big shots early on. If he survived the 1st round vs Conor, I'd feel confident he'd win

23 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

The mutual backgrounds and respect between Diaz and Masvidal make me want to watch it more than guys who just BS trash talk each other.

I would like to think that it's a 5 round fight. A couple fight night main events I watched were only 3 when I thought they were 5.

I'm the opposite, I feel like they can talk a big game and back it up, I want to hear the banter!