MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, FinneasGage said:

nobody so legit in the cage w/ his mic skills have come thru since conor. not even trash talk mic skills just some kind of charisma i can't pinpoint. 

Yeah, Till is just a naturally charismatic/confident dude. I thought for a while he might have just been another overhyped loudmouth but then I started watching his fights and, my goodness, the kid is incredibly skilled. Hell, I'd argue he's a better fighter than Conor is. Conor is a great technical fighter but he's a striker only. I like that Till can work everywhere. We'll see how legit his TDD really is on Saturday though. If he stuffs/shuts Woodley down, he's, and this is purely my opinion, the most talented fighter on the roster. Still has a ton to prove come Saturday but, man, I'm really pulling for him.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I thought for a while he might have just been another overhyped loudmouth but then I started watching his fights

man i don't even retort my comments about him being overhyped prior to the coming out party v. cowboy. he looked like **** against dalby and was boring in his two/three? other fights leading up to it. crazy how much he improved between those fights. or was holding back his skill like garbrandt leading up to the cruz fight. or just wasn't comfortable who's to say. either way impossible for him not to be the face fighting twood lol. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

man i don't even retort my comments about him being overhyped prior to the coming out party v. cowboy. he looked like **** against dalby and was boring in his two/three? other fights leading up to it. crazy how much he improved between those fights. or was holding back his skill like garbrandt leading up to the cruz fight. or just wasn't comfortable who's to say. either way impossible for him not to be the face fighting twood lol. 

He looked great vs Dalby until he separated his shoulder. He just toys with people, so it makes him look like he's not trying/can be boring. Like you said, I think he was just coasting and he knew his natural abilities would be enough to carry him. Once he got the big names, he took off.

41 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Man, I really hope Till beats Woodley. He's a friggin' superstar in the making.

If he does, I really hope he goes straight up to MW and abandons WW. cutting to 170 is killing him, and it's just a matter of time until he misses weight again/gets seriously hurt from cutting weight.

It also makes me think, just how good can he be without torturing himself to make weight? after seeing how well Dan Hooker has done after he went up, it's got me excited thinking about Till at 185. although everyone's different, some guys fight better when they go through a grueling cut.

but anyway, I do hope Till is in the spotlight for a long time to come. just hearing him talk is more exciting than like 80% of actual fights

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just saw who Zabit is fighting...of all the people, THAT'S the guy you go with, UFC? 

it's annoying cause lineker wanted it too. w/o googling and cheating i'd imagine that's a 9 inch height difference which would've looked ridiculous, but still woulda been a fun scrap. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Just saw who Zabit is fighting...of all the people, THAT'S the guy you go with, UFC? 

Feel like not a lot of guys want to fight him right now, especially on short notice. he's still not really a known name, but he's super dangerous. Risk/reward profile is off for a lot of quality opponents. kinda like Taisumov.

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

That pic lol DC is just too funny man

What are the odds Till negates Woodley's TDs? I really hope Till wins and in dramatic fashion but he has never fought a wrestler like Wood right?

8 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Feel like not a lot of guys want to fight him right now, especially on short notice. he's still not really a known name, but he's super dangerous. Risk/reward profile is off for a lot of quality opponents. kinda like Taisumov.

Yeah but Lineker offered. You take Lineker 100% of the time over this clown. Zabit is going to make quick work of him and it'll be completely uninteresting. It's basically a sparring match for Zabit.