MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Also what happened at the end there when Khabib got off stage but Conor was yelling at some dude?

Khabib's manager said something to Conor and he responded. Khabib's manager was a part of an organization that was deemed a terrorist organization and became a government informant in order to avoid prosecution. He then asked him about his son whom he abandoned and owes $50,000 in child support for. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

His whiskey is like $22.00 at BevMo if you have one near you.

Sadly, in VA its all sold by the commonwealth so its up to the state what we carry

Edit: Just looked it up, we actually carry it here but $30 instead of 22. Let me know how it is

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/joanna-jedrzejczyk-vs-valentina-shevchenko-booked-for-ufc-231-toronto-women-flyweight-title

didn't see this posted....nice matchup with Sevchenko and Joanna....hope Sevchenko wins

It was posted but Conor rules the boards. That is a great matchup. Glad JJ isn't expecting a rematch with Rose

4 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

I want conor to win.

But khabib is gonna kick his ***. 

Khabib is such a mauling wrestler. He is more than just lay and pray, he brings the GnP. I feel like Conor cant take that beating for too long and Khabib will get several TDs and I just dont think Conor will be able to get back up. If Conor can survive the end of the round and be forced to stand up, I do think he can catch Khabib given his hands are trash. I want Conor to win, but I agree, I think Khabib will win.

Khabib has never faced a striker of Conors caliber. Khabib has no shoot, he has to grab people to take them down. Conor is going to be hard to get ahold of. Conor also has a point, who has Khabib beaten? Nobody. I've made this point myself. Khabibs 26-0 record is less impressive than some 14-2 records in the UFC. It's very possible Khabib mauls Conor but people acting like Conor doesn't have at least a 35% chance to win this fight should of learned their lesson all the other times. 

On 9/21/2018 at 3:06 AM, Buckrock101 said:

thought it was kinda bs how Conor got to hold two belts up there when he doesn't actually hold any titles right now, but w/e

also that Proper 12 must be good stuff, Conor was going off like a drunk uncle

I thought the same thing. But i think when your live in boyfriend is the ufc President you get to do what you want

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I see Khabib winning by mauling....Could Conor catch him?  Sure

Would that be peoples excuse for the upset? Conor "caught him" "it happens"? No. Itd be Khabib trying to grab Conor, Conor has lightning quick lateral movement, and knocks Khabib out. That's the better fighter winning, not "oh he just caught him". Quite a few fighters think it could go down that way. 

I have no idea what will happen in this fight. Definitely not putting $ on it. I agree Khabib should be favored but also Conor is the first elite guy Khabib has ever faced in his career which makes this interesting. Khabib needs to go prove he is for real against a Top 5 guy. Conor has already done that multiple times. 

Edited by BayRaider