Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

You said something that made me go look at just how easy it'd be to get into the 3rd:

If you are talking top of the third, it isn't happening... We'd have to trade away all our value after pick 45.

If you are talking mid/late 3rd, we can pull that off.

Yeah, I was thinking pick 85 on...

Both the Jimmy Johnson chart and our AV-based draft calculator agree: the Packers absolutely won that trade with the Saints in terms of value. The picks Green Bay received were worth an expected AV of 11.6 and only had to give up a pick (No. 14) worth 5.5 expected AV to land that package.

After fleecing the Saints in an earlier trade (per ESPN's draft pick value calculator), the Packers threw back some of that value to move back up to 18 in a deal with the Seahawks. Green Bay traded picks worth 8.3 expected AV for selections worth 5.8 in this one. The Packers still came out ahead after the two trades combined.

4 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

You said something that made me go look at just how easy it'd be to get into the 3rd:

If you are talking top of the third, it isn't happening... We'd have to trade away all our value after pick 45.

If you are talking mid/late 3rd, we can pull that off.

Isn't the top of the 4th like the end of the 3rd? Why trade up into the third? Here's where the Randall trade starts to pay off.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Don't recall who cited it, but they send Landry was going to tumble.

He should tumble. Many like myself got enamored initially by his great bend around the edge, before then proceeding to do the rarity of WATCHING FILM (!) in addition to sucking at the teet of draft punditry, and lo and behold, we see him getting rag-dolled and pummeled trying to set/stack the edge. 

My computer crashed due to overheating shortly after we traded down. It can't handle video very well lol.

If we thought Randall was hollywood then Alexander is definitely hollywood judging from his cringy performance on stage. I guess the Packers like their cornerbacks with some swagger.

I don't love the pick but I can understand it. I don't think he is a candidate for our star position though but might still address that in the later rounds.

Archived