Official NFL Draft Thread (General Discussion for Draft)

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Does it really make the pick bad if both fall? There's clearly something we're not seeing that NFL GM's are...

No it makes the pick better because a bunch of teams probably had Edmunds as their #3 safety.  

Does it really make the pick bad if both fall? There's clearly something we're not seeing that NFL GM's are...

Ummmm, yes it does. It would appear he would have been available in the 2nd (as predicted) makes it a bad pick. If somehow he wasn't, the fact that Reid/Harrison/Bates/Moore are there (as predicted) makes it a bad pick. 

1 minute ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Perhaps.  I do know this.  Ronnie Harrison isn't anywhere CLOSE to the coverage S as his counterpart Fitzpatrick is.  I bet that's why he hasn't been taken yet.  The amount of teams that actually want a 'hard hitting, run stuffing' safety that has coverage issues is slim.  Reid is a well rounded safety, i just don't think he's an elite safety in any one aspect.  Doesn't mean he isn't better than Edmunds, but I suppose it also doesn't mean he is.

Looking at the board I don't see any teams in front of the Steelers who would need a QB IF the Steelers wanted Rudolph. Maybe Cincy if they are tired of Dalton. Would the Steelers actually pick their QB of the future now or wait until next year? I know they scouted him and was at his workout.

Of course they could go after his teammate James Washington.

If there are 5 similarly rated S's and 4 make it to the same point then you can assume they would all have been there.

Just now, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Looking at the board I don't see any teams in front of the Steelers who would need a QB IF the Steelers wanted Rudolph. Maybe Cincy if they are tired of Dalton. Would the Steelers actually pick their QB of the future now or wait?

Of course they could go after his teammate James Washington.

For the love of God it had better not be Rudolph. 

Just now, JustPlainNasty said:

They took my boy Turay. If he totally develops to where he was going before the injury he'll be a complete stud.

who do you want no JPN, we are getting close to our pick.  

Will Settle be there?

I'm not expecting them to draft Safety because they already drafted one. As for  CB or Edge, that goes against them trying to prove that the RD1 picks they made were good (dupree and artie).  No kickers here. OL I doubt, but maybe.

I see offense since they traded Bryant, but will it be a WR or Bells replacement ? I don't want this, I wanted D for these rounds, but it doesn't look like it.

Archived