2018 NFL Draft Thread - News/Rumors/Selections

D82

12 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I think Andrews, Thomas or Schultz could be day one starters. 

Herndon, Fumagalli or Conklin probably need a year or so to develop but could be eventual starters.

Well maybe your right. Wittens backups are pretty useless. But that does not mean they are worth the pick. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well maybe your right. Wittens backups are pretty useless. But that does not mean they are worth the pick. 

Andrews I'd consider at #81. Thomas or Schultz maybe, but probably better value in the 4th. The rest are late 4th-6th rounders.

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No our biggest need was not WR. Not IMO. Not with the way our offense is set up. It was more of a priority to help Zeke and protect Dak as well as find Lee's replacement. TE was more of a need then WR considering how thin we are. We have the absolute worse core in the league there.

We're going to run the ball 50 times a game, apparently. Teams are going to stack the box, double Beasley and Dak is going to struggle again. I guess Deonte Thompson is going to stretch the field for us and Hurns is our playmaker lol.

This front office is horrible.

3 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

We're going to run the ball 50 times a game, apparently. Teams are going to stack the box, double Beasley and Dak is going to struggle again.

This front office is horrible.

Witten retired unexpectedly and we fired Dez. Yes it's the FO fault for not finding better replacements sooner and those that can contribute. But how we are handling it for the here and now we are doing great despite the setbacks. I'm not saying that to excuse them. But we know the heirarchy is not going to change so the only thing we can really do is hope they make a great draft of it. Who knows we may get Callaway, he may get mentored by Witten and become a role model as well as turn into the next Antonio Brown.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Who knows we may get Callaway, he may get mentored by Witten and become a role model as well as turn into the next Antonio Brown.

Funny you mention Brown, because that's who Callaway has been working with/been taken as a pupil by. Given the fact we're still giving Gregory a shot, I wouldn't be against taking a late round flier on him.

Archived