Eagles Draft Thread - When you're here, you're Champions! ™

Kiltman

Will Hernandez , Guice , Orlando Brown, Sutton, Ronald jones, goedart, geseki, Connor williams, James Daniels, josh Jackson, landry, Christian Kirk, James Washington, isiah Oliver, Ronnie Harrison, justin Reid, keryon Johnson if we get one of these players I’m happy 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

ok since you are clearly a moron let me spell this out for you.

Eagles draft value 

32 590

132 40

= 630

Ravens gave us:

52 380

125 47 

second rounder a year later lets call it 180 (16th pick 3rd round this year)

= 607

hmm who lost that trade? Oh wait  yeah Howie. 

How are you arbitrarily creating 180 for that 2nd round pick ya dunce?

What you fail to realize is that to us future picks have more inherent value than they do to a team that needs immediate assets.

Think about it, with the team we have now, what is a 3rd rounder going to come in a do right away this year? (Which is what else we would have possibly received).
A 2nd rounder has more intrinsic value to us. The 3rd rounder in 2018 would have basically done nothing for us.

Just now, Danger said:

What you fail to realize is that to us future picks have more inherent value than they do to a team that needs immediate assets.

Think about it, with the team we have now, what is a 3rd rounder going to come in a do right away this year? (Which is what else we would have possibly received).
A 2nd rounder has more intrinsic value to us. The 3rd rounder in 2018 would have basically done nothing for us.

that's like apple making a piss poor business deal because it wont hurt them in the long run. that's no way to operate or run any organization. and you saying a third rounder doing nothing for is just hyperbole. 

Wow @ninjapirate, you are a god damn genius.

You decided to assign that pick a value of 180 according to your "everyone knows it's one round later."

Ignoring the fact that it could be as high as 260 or as low 120 in that scenario.

But wait, the difference between the Eagles and Ravens according to your formula is only 23 points...

So tell me again how you aren't jumping to conclusions without seeing what that picks actually ends up being worth?

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

are you illiterate or do you not understand the words 16th pick in the third round this year?

Woof. You're looking at this trade in a vacuum when it didn't occur in a vacuum.

Just now, RollEagles said:

Wow @ninjapirate, you are a god damn genius.

You decided to assign that pick a value of 180 according to your "everyone knows it's one round later."

Ignoring the fact that it could be as high as 260 or as low 120 in that scenario.

But wait, the difference between the Eagles and Ravens according to your formula is only 23 points...

So tell me again how you aren't jumping to conclusions without seeing what that picks actually ends up being worth?

congrats on not knowing what an opportunity cost is glad you don't run any businesses finances. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

that's like apple making a piss poor business deal because it wont hurt them in the long run. that's no way to operate or run any organization. and you saying a third rounder doing nothing for is just hyperbole. 

No it's like Apple making an investment right now because they can write it off as a business expense and not be taxed on it. It won't prove for immediate returns but it will be superior return down the line.

Just now, ninjapirate said:

congrats on not knowing what an opportunity cost is glad you don't run any businesses finances. 

I found someone who never trusted the process.

Ugh, I wish the Sixers had never traded Michael Carter-Williams. Future 1st round pick? We don't even know what that could be like. Stupid idiots not realizing opportunity cost. Sixers will never build a winner.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

No it's like Apple making an investment right now because they can write it off as a business expense and not be taxed on it. It won't prove for immediate returns but it will be superior return down the line.

and frankly you can't say that either. Say we took Guice, Hurst, reid or anyone at 32 and they become probowlers. That would be a better investment instead  some mid second rounder  next year that flops right? there is inherent risk in the NFL draft. I would also say failing a year earlier is better than failing a year later. 

Archived