Eagles Draft Thread - When you're here, you're Champions! ™

Kiltman

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

It appears that we were adamant on trading down regardless of value.

Looks that way.

Though I guess getting picks next year is nice regardless. I like having an extra day 2 pick next year when we may have to make some tough calls on contracts.

1 minute ago, Eagles27 said:

Looks that way.

Though I guess getting picks next year is nice regardless. I like having an extra day 2 pick next year when we may have to make some tough calls on contracts.

yep adds some good flexibility next year.

It's a fair trade I suppose.

Hm. I think we got less than what we should have because everyone knew how desparate we were to trade down. 

Anyway I dont mind it. We get a 2nd next year which is IMO gonna be a high one.

I literally told my buddy yesterday that if we trade down it would be only because a team trades up to take Jackson. 

Ironic that the 32nd pick in this draft will end up being the best one of the bunch.

Rosen going to AZ is awesome for him. Hes gonna be great there

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

We literally got a 2nd round pick next year. To me, that's great.

This is robbery. We move down 20 picks. And a 2nd round pick next year. That's pretty huge.

Yeah i dont see the problem.

Also, its said that most teams basically dont see much of a gap in talent between the 2nd day prospects. 

Plus this also helps us financially. We are tight on cap still tho not in trouble or anything. But we now can get just as good a player 20 picks from now, while paying him less and getting a good 2nd next year

Long term benefit is a few lower cap numbers when needing to re-up Wentz.

Short term, mildly surprised they passed on Guice. Trade value is also questionable. 

Indifferent at the moment overall, but I felt the same at this time last year too. I’ll let tomorrow play out to give final judgement. 

Archived