2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

They’re going to take an RB with the next pick. It’s just a question of which one they can get their hands on. 

I don’t know when they get to the point of trading up for Guice, but it isn’t now. They’re still in “give up 44 and next year’s 1st rounder” territory right now. 

Just now, e16bball said:

They’re going to take an RB with the next pick. It’s just a question of which one they can get their hands on. 

I don’t know when they get to the point of trading up for Guice, but it isn’t now. They’re still in “give up 44 and next year’s 1st rounder” territory right now. 

Who the hell is going to block for him at LG though

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I love Guice. But I like DJ better for our spot rather than trading up for a guy we cant open holes for.

So we’re going to draft a #4 WR again - for a year or more - instead of drafting a starting running back?

I love Chark also, but Guice is the closest talent to Barkley in the draft. He’s the only other RB that anyone ever truly considered taking in round 1 besides Barkley. And, that didn’t just happen, it happened because of his talent and potential.

Also, our running game struggles are not all on the blocking. Other than Thompson, we haven’t had a RB who can see the holes and hit the holes that are there quickly. Our previous RBs also missed holes which could have gotten them more yards. It’s obvious we need an upgrade at RB, why not get the 2nd best guy available and give Alex Smith an upgrade at RB and someone to support the passing game as well.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

He’s still there for this season though. 

Plenty of time to bring in a top back like Guice or Michel and let Ajayi walk. Eagles have a lot of contracts coming up and RB is not one they are going to spend a lot of money on. 

Archived