2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

While I'm not against taking Maurice Hurst (the value proposition is quite favorable), we don't have Wade Phillips here. Let's keep that in mind.

It doesn’t matter, Wade Phillips just puts the players on the field, it’s the talent on the field that gets the job done. We need the talent, I’ve said this since 2012 and even in 2010 for this defense. You can’t have a good team D or O, if you don’t have talented players to put out there and it’s been a problem on our defense for nearly the entire decade except in 2011 but then Atogwe, Bowen, Carriker, Landry, Orakpo and Wilson all got hurt.

Wade Phillips doesn’t look like a mastermind if he’s not coaching Bruce Smith and company, Dmrcus Ware and Company, Von Miller and company or Aaron’s donald and Robert Quinn in company.

We have Jim Tomsula who I’d take over any DL coach in the NFL and maybe any DL coach ever.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I mean I can honestly see you reacting to the Redskins winning the Super Bowl in the same way you reacted to Ryan Grant catching a game winning TD vs the Rams and a huge TD on Monday night vs the Chiefs with a “Nooooo we can’t win the super bowl with Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen, Jay Gruden and Alex Smith as our QB.... nooooo!

I mean, what? Really?

Again, dude.

Speaking only for myself, if the Redskins win the Super Bowl in one of the next three seasons, I will be delirious with joy. I will be screaming and jumping around like a little boy, most likely crying because of how hard it has been for nearly 30 years.

That said, I don't have much hope of that occurring. Is Alex Smith good? Yes. Is he good enough to get us over the hump? I don't know.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Did Quin do special teams at UVA? Legit asking.

its why I love taking Hokies later. Stroman or Facyson

Same here man, Hokies always have solid well coached players but some of them don’t have early round talent but they’re still good players. Just look at Kyshoen Jarrett. I’d love to get either of those guys.

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

However...I also want Shaquem Griffin. I know that’s the football fan equivalent of “basic af,” but I’m not apologizing for it. I love the guy. And I think he could fill a lot of roles for us. 

You are not alone.

Hrmm ... Ian Thomas was a good value pick. Was kind of hoping he'd fall to us at 109. I would still go for a guy like Tyrell Crosby ahead of him, but having him on the board if the interior OL were gone would have been nice.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

Again, dude.

Speaking only for myself, if the Redskins win the Super Bowl in one of the next three seasons, I will be delirious with joy. I will be screaming and jumping around like a little boy, most likely crying because of how hard it has been for nearly 30 years.

That said, I don't have much hope of that occurring. Is Alex Smith good? Yes. Is he good enough to get us over the hump? I don't know.

I get it, I don’t think they’re winning the super bowl either but tanking on purpose is also something that I could never endorse because there’s less of a guarantee that that pays off than staying the course with what we have now.

47 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

For those of you that still want a WR. Deon Cain is great value right now. His ceiling is Martavis Bryant (on the field), floor is probably Brice Butler. Shaquem Griffin is who I'm really hoping for but Cain, Hurst, and Hand would all make me happy. 

I like Deon Cain a lot.  I actually think he has more upside to be able to separate closer to the LOS than Martavis. Not sure he has that natural knack for pulling away and tracking the deep ball without breaking stride like you see in the true home run threats like Martavis (and of course what we saw for years out of Desean). 

What I always like to see in WRs, especially now in this offense, is guys who returned kicks in college. To me, that’s a great sign that they’re sudden, a little explosive, some COD skills, not afraid of contact. In an offense where we want guys who can uncover quickly and hurt you after the catch, and in an NFL where they can’t manhandle guys to slow them down, I think that’s a great athletic profile. 

That’s why I’ve had my eye on guys like Antonio Callaway and especially Keke Coutee from Texas Tech. Would love to see another WR like that. 

Archived