Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bruh.. the phrase is “I couldn’t care less”.  “Careless” and “care less” are different words man. Aren’t you a teacher? ? 

Christ I hate being that guy, but damn homie, what’s next?  A mute point?

Sorry I’m very care less when im making posts on my phone..

isnt there a different example you could use. At least with careless and care less they are very similar. Since it’s exact spelling and sounds the same, where moot and mute are spelled And pronounce differently. 

Quit trying to make me an escape goat here!!! Yes I know it’s scapegoat lol

2 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I read that Sam Darnold actually took less snaps under center then Baker did. I can't find the tweet sorry about that but if you look it up I want to say Sam took 40 snaps under center to Bakers 49, which isn't a huge differance but I'm just saying it's not like Darnold played a Pro-style offense or anything like that. It seems Sam is having a harder time under center then Baker is imo. 

You are correct. Baker took more snaps under Center Than Darnold

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

isnt there a different example you could use. At least with careless and care less they are very similar. Since it’s exact spelling and sounds the same, where moot and mute are spelled And pronounce differently. 

Lol it’s not just the care less vs careless, it’s also the could vs couldn’t lol

Saying “I could care less” means that you can, in fact, care less than you do, which is usually not the point you’re trying to make.

Just now, buno67 said:

You are correct. Baker took more snaps under Center Than Darnold

It’s such an irrelevant stat imo.

Is it good if they did see some time under center?  Sure. 

Is it necessary?  I sure as hell hope not because most colleges don’t do much of it.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol it’s not just the care less vs careless, it’s also the could vs couldn’t lol

Saying “I could care less” means that you can, in fact, care less than you do, which is usually not the point you’re trying to make.

Oh I know it’s a horrible habit. I’m guilty of doing it all the time  

its the same habit of saying would of could of or should of when it’s “have” or “ ‘ve “ after it. I know I get so caught up with trying to get the thought out the proper usage gets lost and then I get too lazy to spell check because you just want to get the point down and post it. 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is it necessary?  I sure as hell hope not because most colleges don’t do much of it.

It is but it can be used when you try and make a point that one QB is suppose to be more pro ready than the other, when both QBs have no experience at taking 3-5-7 step drops from under Center. It’s Why Luck was clearly the best QB coming out cause he had that stuff perfected.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

My two favorites:

-My ex-wife used to say "Don't give me any slack" instead of "don't give me any flack"

- A former co-worker would say "... to be Pacific" instead of "...to be specific".

5 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

My two favorites:

-My ex-wife used to say "Don't give me any slack" instead of "don't give me any flack"

- A former co-worker would say "... to be Pacific" instead of "...to be specific".

Knew a dude who said “for all intensive purposes” ? 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

It is but it can be used when you try and make a point that one QB is suppose to be more pro ready than the other, when both QBs have no experience at taking 3-5-7 step drops from under Center. It’s Why Luck was clearly the best QB coming out cause he had that stuff perfected.

I guess if someone is used to dropping back it’s a plus, but I don’t see not having experience at it as a negative.

If we’re being honest when NFL teams need to throw the ball, they do so out of the gun for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Baker said most of his were from goal line formations. Probably same for Darnold. It just wasn't used otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Baker said most of his were from goal line formations. Probably same for Darnold. It just wasn't used otherwise.

That makes sense.  

I’d image backed up to your own goal line too.

Bottom line is it was all situational, not part of their “normal” offense.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That makes sense.  

I’d image backed up to your own goal line too.

Bottom line is it was all situational, not part of their “normal” offense.

I'd image you are write for all intensive porpoises.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Can someone please find and post the gif from friends where joey says "it's a moo point, it's like a cow's opinion, it doesn't matter" 

Either way, all this talk about playing under center, very few college QBs play under center anymore. it's a "moo point" 

Archived