Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If we run an offense tailored to what Baker can do, I think he can be successful.

This is what every team should be doing, with every QB.  Design your schemes to the talent you have, not the other way around.

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just run a college style system. It’s what the league is doing. Philly ran a college offense last year to a super bowl.

The Rams ran a ton of RPO’s too.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

giphy.gif

Seriously, kudos on such a well thought out response. Congratulations, you took one little snippet from my post and decided to nit-pick this phrase "only to fall in love with Darnold in the Rose Bowl". I guess you ignored the other paragraphs about why or that it continued for another full season.

All the gifs you could of used and you settled for that one...

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is what every team should be doing, with every QB.  Design your schemes to the talent you have, not the other way around.

The Rams ran a ton of RPO’s too.

That’s why I hate he idea of picking the QB that could play in any system. Guess what, I could careless if a QB could play in the air raid, triple option, stack I, spread, and etc. just run the system that fits the QB best. 

21 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I could careless

Bruh.. the phrase is “I couldn’t care less”.  “Careless” and “care less” are different words man. Aren’t you a teacher? ? 

Christ I hate being that guy, but damn homie, what’s next?  A mute point?

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ben Roethlisberger took 498 snaps out of shotgun last year and only 49 from under center with Todd Haley as his offensive coordinator.

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/snap-rates--shotgun-v-under-center--off-.html

I wonder how many of those 49 were plays where they were killing the clock, taking a knee, etc.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

For the most part, they're very supportive. It's just funny. We run the triple option and you'll have parents yelling "THROW THE BALL!!!!" every play, even when we're marching down the field, scoring, bleeding the clock, limiting opponent's possessions, etc.

I was a RT in a fully-committed read-option/wing T offense in college for 4 years. I don't think we ever threw the ball more than 50 yards in a game, but we hit 400 rushing yards in most.

I read that Sam Darnold actually took less snaps under center then Baker did. I can't find the tweet sorry about that but if you look it up I want to say Sam took 40 snaps under center to Bakers 49, which isn't a huge differance but I'm just saying it's not like Darnold played a Pro-style offense or anything like that. It seems Sam is having a harder time under center then Baker is imo. 

Honestly, it's May 8th, I expect all QBs to have miscues and mechanics critiqued at this point (except Josh Allen, who legitimately sucks car exhaust, and will for a career, Oh gawd thank you Dorsey for not drafting him and casting me into a pit of despair), it waaaaaay too early. I can only hope that the combo of Haley and Zampese are enough to grow Mayfield into a starter. I'll count my chickens when I see his first NFL action. Just avoid the Cleveland Clinic, Baker. I remember what happened to LeCharles Bentley...

33 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Honestly, it's May 8th, I expect all QBs to have miscues and mechanics critiqued at this point (except Josh Allen, who legitimately sucks car exhaust, and will for a career, Oh gawd thank you Dorsey for not drafting him and casting me into a pit of despair), it waaaaaay too early. I can only hope that the combo of Haley and Zampese are enough to grow Mayfield into a starter. I'll count my chickens when I see his first NFL action. Just avoid the Cleveland Clinic, Baker. I remember what happened to LeCharles Bentley...

Yeah none of the QBs are going to fail because of taking snaps under center. They should be good to go once the season starts whether they are playing or not. There will be rookie mistakes but that will happen in some fashion under any circumstances. Whichever QB is best at finding the open receiver/good matchup and throwing it accurately will end up the best QB.

2 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I read that Sam Darnold actually took less snaps under center then Baker did. I can't find the tweet sorry about that but if you look it up I want to say Sam took 40 snaps under center to Bakers 49, which isn't a huge differance but I'm just saying it's not like Darnold played a Pro-style offense or anything like that. It seems Sam is having a harder time under center then Baker is imo. 

He also had five fumbles from under center in the first two days of the Jets rookie camp, Including two in a row at one point. So very much not a strength of his game.

Archived