bkokot

Roquan Smith - ILB #8 overall

Roquan Smith is the pick, I'll add more detail later, discuss.

Outside of Chubb we got the best defensive player in this draft from day one...and even that might be a push.

His floor is REALLY high and ceiling is AllPro. Hard not to like the pick.

Via Rotoworld...

Bears selected Georgia OLB Roquan Smith with the No. 8 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Smith (6’1/236) earned the 2017 Butkus Award as college football’s top linebacker, breaking out for a team-high 137 tackles (14 TFL) and 6.5 sacks. An instinctive, explosive off-ball linebacker who plays with more power than his size suggests, Smith missed just one tackle in all of 2017 and has immense value on passing downs, where he excels as a pass rusher and allowed just 5.7 yards per catch when targeted in his career (PFF). Smith is a cross between Lavonte David and Deion Jones with sideline-to-sideline speed (4.51) and an omnipresent playing style.

Love it; he was my pick and will hopefully be, along with Mitch, the face of the franchise for years to come. 

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

His floor is REALLY high and ceiling is AllPro. Hard not to like the pick.

Basically.....Trevathon is old and Kwitkaoski is just solid....this is us drafting Willis dude....like legit

1 minute ago, MonserinNC said:

Basically.....Trevathon is old and Kwitkaoski is just solid....this is us drafting Willis dude....like legit

28 is not old dude.

Very good pick. I like the chances of Smith becoming an All Pro linebacker and the center of this Bears defense for many years to come. Lofty praise but he's that good.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

28 is not old dude.

Neither is 33 in real life but football years can be funny bruh

Ryan Pace loves him some Georgia Linebackers, he wasn't my first choice, but it's hard to be mad at this pick.

Give him a 1v1 with a ball carrier and I'm sure Roquan gets the job done, hide him behind Goldman and Hicks and let him fly all over the field.