Draft day 2 - Official discussion thread

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Very good point.  I predicted the new FO would clean house in  the course of a couple years. They've done it in one  And overall team speed has gone up dramtically.  I love getting more speed on the team. Whoever we add at the end of the 3rd look for more spped.

Shanny said the type of WRs he likes is those that could separate well and have enough speed to strike fear on opposing DBs.

Pettis isn't super fast but is a great route runner and could get down the field. 

Warner is a top level athlete at LB.

McGilnchey could move for his size.

And Moore just ran a 4.32 at his pro day. 

4 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I give close to zero ****s about the full 40 for an edge guy. 

I understand. He was all over the field whenever I watched him. But short, slow guys have a big hurdle to overcome as outside pass rushers.

The NFL site doesn't list a 3-cone time for him, which would make a difference to me if it was better, rea=latively, than his 40 time..

12 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Shocked that we went S before corner especially with the Tartt signing.

Where does he play, FS or SS?

niether, after looking at his film with that speed , fluid hips and balls skills, they may try to convert him to corner

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

You got me there. Funny thing is, if we would have drafted a stud pass rusher, the likelihood of making the playoffs would probably be higher. Somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy, but I will commend them on their patience and trying to build a long term winner over short term gratification. 

Lets resign Elvis Dumerville? seriously, what is their plan for LEO. is it ATTACHU

Yes, but since we have no pass rushers  so it's both a short term need and a long term need.  It was truly an awful year for pass rushers though so maybe they just didn't see one that was likely to make a difference.

Archived