49ers Select Tarvarius Moore, S, Southern Miss #95 Overall

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

He's not any smaller than Merton.

Hanks was an anomaly, even back then. The game has evolved and guys are bigger, stronger, and faster than they have ever been. Like I said, he tackles like a guy who is afraid of getting run over....that's not what you want out of your safety. But at CB, he can get away with it because he won't tasked with the same responsibility. Not saying he couldn't play FS, just that he looks to be better suited physically to standout@CB rather than safety.

35 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Hanks was an anomaly, even back then. The game has evolved and guys are bigger, stronger, and faster than they have ever been. Like I said, he tackles like a guy who is afraid of getting run over....that's not what you want out of your safety. But at CB, he can get away with it because he won't tasked with the same responsibility. Not saying he couldn't play FS, just that he looks to be better suited physically to standout@CB rather than safety.

His upside is clearly highest as a boundary corner, so I hope he makes it in that role. But as far as strength and tackling goes, those are things that a player can improve after coming into the league. I hope he ends up being a great corner, tho.

Interesting peice of information in Lynch's presser: lynch said that when Tony Dungy got to Tampa he made Lynch practice at corner because it helped him cover guys while playing safety. That is interesting when you consider they are having Jimmie ward start at corner. It doesn't sound like Moore will play safety though.. 

6 hours ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

I like this pick. If he works out, I think Jimmie Ward is out. Ward hasn't done much of anything since he was drafted. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmie has been on the trading block for a while. You know, on that same trading block with Arik Armstead, the players no team will spend a pick on, and will just wait until they hit free agency. These two don't have much trade value, because of their injuries, in my opinion, so that's why they're still on the team, even though they aren't really needed. 

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmie has been on the trading block for a while. You know, on that same trading block with Arik Armstead, the players no team will spend a pick on, and will just wait until they hit free agency. These two don't have much trade value, because of their injuries, in my opinion, so that's why they're still on the team, even though they aren't really needed. 

I'm hoping this is the year for Armstead. He has shown flashes here and there, but not enough to warrant sticking around. 

46 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Grid sighting, woah!!!! :) 

Haha. What's up Oldie? It's been ages since I actually posted. When the new format kicked in i lost my log in and never bothered to retrieve it. Now that I'm stuck behind enemy lines (the dessert) I need to talk 9ers football. This Cardinal frap is for the birds. All I'm going to hear about it Rosen now. ?

7 minutes ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

Haha. What's up Oldie? It's been ages since I actually posted. When the new format kicked in i lost my log in and never bothered to retrieve it. Now that I'm stuck behind enemy lines (the dessert) I need to talk 9ers football. This Cardinal frap is for the birds. All I'm going to hear about it Rosen now. ?

Doing well. Glad to "see" you, bud. Ready to see Jimmy G get the 49ers back to the top, where they belong?

Stick around.. and see you around. tiphat2.gif

12 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Doing well. Glad to "see" you, bud. Ready to see Jimmy G get the 49ers back to the top, where they belong?

Stick around.. and see you around. tiphat2.gif

8 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

^ and at first, the new format made me cringe when thinking of having to adapt.. but didn't take long to see that it's MUCH MO better. 

Go NIners

Defiantly will be sticking around. I spent many a hour on this forum. I'm excited to get back to winning football. 

Archived