Warriors v Pelicans Series Thread (4-1 GS) :: A Gentlemen's sweep it is

11sanchez11

This was about what I expected. An angry Warriors team was going to want to come out and dominate, which they did. Maybe the Pels can steal another game and push it to 6?

18 minutes ago, amac said:

Yea I think if boogie comes back strong we’re in the 2nd tier with Houston and Boston next year at least and could give GSW some trouble 

Nah, Houston and Boston are tier 1. Warriors are just so strong that they're in a tier of their own.

Tier S: Warriors

Tier 1: Rockets, Celtics

Tier 2: Pels, Cavs*, Sixers, Jazz

Tier 2.5: Raptors, Spurs, Wolves

*if LeBron comes back

I'd put us as one of the top in tier 2 though. 

17 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Nah, Houston and Boston are tier 1. Warriors are just so strong that they're in a tier of their own.

Tier S: Warriors

Tier 1: Rockets, Celtics

Tier 2: Pels, Cavs*, Sixers, Jazz

Tier 2.5: Raptors, Spurs, Wolves

*if LeBron comes back

I'd put us as one of the top in tier 2 though. 

I think that is seriously selling us short. Neither Utah or Philly core is in the same league as AD Cousins and Jrue

7 minutes ago, amac said:

I think that is seriously selling us short. Neither Utah or Philly core is in the same league as AD Cousins and Jrue

Well like I said I'd put at the top of tier 2. I think Philly's core is right behind us though and if Fultz actually plays (and plays well for that matter) next year then they're right on par with us. Utah sure, I could move them back a tier pretty easily, I just have a ton of faith in their FO and Snyder to get the most out of their team. I'd rather you be right than me though lol, would love for us to separate ourselves from that pack. 

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

no. lol

Eh...Boogie, AD and Jrue is the 2nd best trio in the league tbh. Better than the Celtics, definitely better than the Rockets trio. They just need to add depth, but that won't be easy with their cap situation.

I really think the Pels are on the right track Gentry is having them play the right way in today's NBA, AD is a force for quite a while in this league and maybe a Couple more additions may be all that's needed.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Eh...Boogie, AD and Jrue is the 2nd best trio in the league tbh. Better than the Celtics, definitely better than the Rockets trio. They just need to add depth, but that won't be easy with their cap situation.

they arent in the same tier as the rockets or celtics...stop it.  their ceiling is the 4th best team in the west and the 2nd round. I would take Harden/Paul and Capela over AD/Cousins/Jrue. 

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

they arent in the same tier as the rockets or celtics...stop it.  their ceiling is the 4th best team in the west and the 2nd round. I would take Harden/Paul and Capela over AD/Cousins/Jrue. 

And you'd be wrong. The Celtics will be better once Tatum gets a bit better, Rockets and Pelicans are a toss up.

AD > Harden
Boogie > CP3
Jrue = Capela

Rockets depth gives them an advantage as a team. Pelicans just don't have the shooters/defenders to hang with the Warriors.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

And you'd be wrong. The Celtics will be better once Tatum gets a bit better, Rockets and Pelicans are a toss up.

AD > Harden
Boogie > CP3
Jrue = Capela

Rockets depth gives them an advantage as a team. Pelicans just don't have the shooters/defenders to hang with the Warriors.

its a guard league now.  harden is better than ad is and cousins hasnt proven he can carry a team anywhere.  

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

its a guard league now.  harden is better than ad is and cousins hasnt proven he can carry a team anywhere.  

Harden is not better than AD IMO. That is the worst, laziest argument used in sports. Boogie expected to carry the crap he had in Sacramento with those coaches? Yeah, cut it out. The Rockets are clearly a better TEAM, but the Pelicans have a better trio. They just don't have the depth the Rockets/Celtics/Warriors do.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Harden is not better than AD IMO. That is the worst, laziest argument used in sports. Boogie expected to carry the crap he had in Sacramento with those coaches? Yeah, cut it out. The Rockets are clearly a better TEAM, but the Pelicans have a better trio. They just don't have the depth the Rockets/Celtics/Warriors do.

we just gonna have to agree to disagree. i honestly dont see a way pelicans can get better.  they have no assets, no draft picks and no cap space if they resign cousins. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

we just gonna have to agree to disagree. i honestly dont see a way pelicans can get better.  they have no assets, no draft picks and no cap space if they resign cousins. 

They added Mirotic which was huge. They can get a decent 3/D guy in this draft with that second, and they can get a guy on the MLE. Diallo is actually a decent asset, if they can pair him just to dump Asik or Hills contract that'd be big.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

They added Mirotic which was huge. They can get a decent 3/D guy in this draft with that second, and they can get a guy on the MLE. Diallo is actually a decent asset, if they can pair him just to dump Asik or Hills contract that'd be big.

They already dumped Asik.

Archived