Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets Series Thread: Mitchell is Salty in Salt Lake City

Texansfan713

I think this series could be tough.  Utah is just a really good and well coached team.  They have that one guy, similar to Harden, in the fact that he can just take over a game as well in Donovan Mitchell.  And then there's the whole thing of Harden disappearing during the postseason... I don't really think he can afford to do that against this Jazz team.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think this series could be tough.  Utah is just a really good and well coached team.  They have that one guy, similar to Harden, in the fact that he can just take over a game as well in Donovan Mitchell.  And then there's the whole thing of Harden disappearing during the postseason... I don't really think he can afford to do that against this Jazz team.

thing is,  rockets defense is way better than okc especially if they get LUC back some point in this series.  Rubio being out might mean Mitchell will most likely have to play a bigger role which might be too much for him. if rubio out then exum is starting.  rockets will do a much better job with gobert than okc did.  not worried about harden vs the jazz.  he literally dominated them in the regular season and they dont really have a defender to stop him like the wolves did with butler.  

Man I really think it’s stupid to give a team 36 hours rest when they won a series in 6 games. They would have gotten more rest if they had won game 7. 

But I guess I’ll take it. 

Jazz looked really good at times against the thunder but also showed at times that good offense overwhelms them. 

Regular season rockets sweep this series but if we play like we did in round 1 then it could go 6

Rockets are going to beat us in 5 or 6, but it will be good experience for our young players.  Hopefully we can get a decent PG  or PF in the offseason and then we will have a chance at beating the Rockets/Warriors etc.  We have a good team/coach, I just don’t think we are quite there yet.

Luc Mbah a Moute will be back, hopefully for game 1. Hes is a big help to our team. Hes another guy who can get hot from 3, and he is a lock down defender. He's shut down little guys like Kemba Walker and Mike Conley for long stretches this season. Last year he was statically the best Kevin Durant defender in the league. 

It also give us the option of not playing Ryan Anderson. If Anderson is making his 3s and rebounding(which is underrated at) then hes great for 20 minutes or so, if hes not we can leave him on the bench and use Gerald Green as our 9th man in the rotation. 

As it stands right now, we are so deep that Gerald Green who averaged 12 points on 37% 3 point shooting will not be getting off the bench. Neither will Iso Joe Johnson. 

2 hours ago, daineraider said:

Rockets are going to beat us in 5 or 6, but it will be good experience for our young players.  Hopefully we can get a decent PG  or PF in the offseason and then we will have a chance at beating the Rockets/Warriors etc.  We have a good team/coach, I just don’t think we are quite there yet.

You making solid points, but you have to remember that the two best players on the Rockets are notorious postseason chokers to the highest degree.  I mean, you can't really account for that on a game plan and it might not even happen, but it pretty much always has in the past.

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Luc Mbah a Moute will be back, hopefully for game 1. Hes is a big help to our team. Hes another guy who can get hot from 3, and he is a lock down defender. He's shut down little guys like Kemba Walker and Mike Conley for long stretches this season. Last year he was statically the best Kevin Durant defender in the league. 

It also give us the option of not playing Ryan Anderson. If Anderson is making his 3s and rebounding(which is underrated at) then hes great for 20 minutes or so, if hes not we can leave him on the bench and use Gerald Green as our 9th man in the rotation. 

As it stands right now, we are so deep that Gerald Green who averaged 12 points on 37% 3 point shooting will not be getting off the bench. Neither will Iso Joe Johnson. 

I still think its risky he is coming back.  I want him back at full strength.  I would have gave him more time off.  I bet game one we limit his minutes and ease him into the playoff rotation.

9 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Since the Pelicans and Warriors got one.  Rubio might miss game 1 tomorrow afternoon.  I got Rockets in 5.

Might miss more than game 1. Sad. Would love to see this series with both teams 100%

14 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

The Jazz should give Rockets a much better shot than Minny. Utah are better than the Wolves in almost every single way. Wolves offense was so bad to watch at times. This will be a great test for the Rockets.

eh, wolves offense is better than the jazz.  not having rubio running the point makes it tough and harder to create the offense for mitchell. 

Archived