Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets Series Thread: Mitchell is Salty in Salt Lake City

Texansfan713

Utah played better in the second half but Harden was just crazy hot that he fended then off. I feel like you length on Harden is your best shot. Exum has the length. Chase them off the line and force the other shooters to put the ball on the floor to funnel them to Gobert. Mitchell is so good though. Gobert can let Capela be that effective though. I think Utah will make adjustments.

41 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Utah played better in the second half but Harden was just crazy hot that he fended then off. I feel like you length on Harden is your best shot. Exum has the length. Chase them off the line and force the other shooters to put the ball on the floor to funnel them to Gobert. Mitchell is so good though. Gobert can let Capela be that effective though. I think Utah will make adjustments.

Agreed that they need to make adjustments.  They certainly seemed to against OKC after game 1.  I just don't know if they have the roster to pull this off, though.  Especially with Rubio out.  Time will tell, though.  Was nice to see them chip away at the lead instead of giving up after being down 27 points.  

58 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Agreed that they need to make adjustments.  They certainly seemed to against OKC after game 1.  I just don't know if they have the roster to pull this off, though.  Especially with Rubio out.  Time will tell, though.  Was nice to see them chip away at the lead instead of giving up after being down 27 points.  

The rockets did that all season. Every time we built a big lead we would let the other team bring it down. Then harden or CP3 would close it out 

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I feel like with Harden you just kind of have to hope he misses his shots.  His offensive arsenal is so amazing.  His step back three point shot creates so much space and if you crowd him too much he will just attack the basket.  You also can't just pack the paint against him because he's a very willing passer with awesome court vision.  When that dude is on, it's such a show.  He's one of the most fun guys to watch in the league when he's feeling it.

This was always going to be a schedule loss with the Jazz having one day off and having to travel to Houston after the OKC series. So next game is going to be interesting. A few highlights I saw Gobert get switched out on Harden and he was way too close to him. He needs to sag off and give him the mid range jumper. And the initial defender has to do a better job of fighting through the picks, don't just automatically switch it. Get him off the three point line and make him meet Gobert at the rim. Spurs did the same against Harden last year and just did it with Durant all series. One of the reasons his three point percentage was so bad. Other was dude just couldn't buy one. 

Rockets are a damn machine though. Barring a collapse by their big two, going to be hell beating them four times in a seven game series. 

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This was always going to be a schedule loss with the Jazz having one day off and having to travel to Houston after the OKC series. So next game is going to be interesting. A few highlights I saw Gobert get switched out on Harden and he was way too close to him. He needs to sag off and give him the mid range jumper. And the initial defender has to do a better job of fighting through the picks, don't just automatically switch it. Get him off the three point line and make him meet Gobert at the rim. Spurs did the same against Harden last year and just did it with Durant all series. One of the reasons his three point percentage was so bad. Other was dude just couldn't buy one. 

Rockets are a damn machine though. Barring a collapse by their big two, going to be hell beating them four times in a seven game series. 

Roxs were lole

7-8 going at Gobert in the paint. 

Just now, El ramster said:

Roxs were lole

7-8 going at Gobert in the paint. 

Word? That's super impressive then. He was a force against the Thunder at the rim, but Rox will eventually find themselves having a hard time scoring on him in the paint. But just didn't like their defensive coverages from the clips I saw. Unless you have legit four or five guys on the court that could switch everything, then don't do it. Harden/CP3 are going to undress you. 

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Word? That's super impressive then. He was a force against the Thunder at the rim, but Rox will eventually find themselves having a hard time scoring on him in the paint. But just didn't like their defensive coverages from the clips I saw. Unless you have legit four or five guys on the court that could switch everything, then don't do it. Harden/CP3 are going to undress you. 

8-9’sorry..

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/990716889495166976?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Yeah, I was super shocked Gobert had no blocks in the game.  That's unheard of.  His mere presence alters offenses.  OKC would often see him and just pass it outside without even trying to get by him.  Gobert needs to get back into rhythm or this is going to be over in 4 games.  Heck, it may happen even with Gobert playing better.  

Archived