St. Louis Cardinals
  • NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
  • College Team
    Florida Gators

Recent Profile Visitors

3,528 profile views

Sugashane's Achievements

1. Wife put salt in a cake instead of sugar. Still don't know if that was a genuine mistake or a prank but it was one of the most worst tastes I've ever had.
  2. If he picks at it for a while, he can be a shark attack survivor when he goes to college. He was so quick the shark just barely got him.
  3. Hard to say exactly. They had to be pretty conservative quite due to the emphasis on ball control and an OL that didn't help a little either. Really aggressive, stout press could mess his routes up but he beat them often enough that you didn't see a ton of it without a safety directly above him. If you were in soft coverage Ricky was really good at setting you up to get to where he wanted to go. They made a lot of effort to use Pearsall to get drives going though, to try and get Mertz in a rhythm. Bubble screens, slants from the slot, used him a fair bit in motions. Mertz struggled a lot on ball placement, some games, you'd see him throw curls at his WRs knees repeatedly or bubble screens behind them. How he put up a 20/3 TD/INT ratio is beyond me. I think what he did best was find soft spots in zones. He has a really good feel for that. You can see on crosses or ins he will adjust to give a bigger window, or help lead away from an undercutting LB. If there is a true weakness that would be how he sometimes dances too much on the LOS. Mertz and him didnt have a great connextion so sonetimes the ball got to him and he wasnt ready for it (thats more on him than Mertz). You'll see a few times where he will take an outside leverage and not drive up field much before running his out route, and that makes it way easier to defend. Its a major pet peeve of mine but a pro coach shoukd be able to fix it really easily. I'd like to see him be more physical vs the press rather than trying to outshift everybody. He is strong enough to win vs press outright a lot of the time, just defaults to finesse. Shanny runs a lot of plays that depend on timing so I have no doubt they will make him adjust and speed up his dances. I think mostly defenses knew FLA wasn't going to do a lit vertically so safeties sat down a lot. They SHOULD have chucked a few more just to keep them honest but when things clamped down Ricky could get lost in the muck. He's not much of a box put guy and defenses started really keeping someone over him as the season went on. I see a lot of Calvin Ridley and Terry McLaurin to him as far as his play style.
  4. I wonder if Amegadjie ends up starting over Davis by midseason if he has a poor start again. Granted Davis missed a lot of time for personal reasons last year but even later he was erratic for being a vet imo.
  5. I get recency bias, but still, wow. Allen put up 400 yards and 3 TDs in week 18, that's crazy production. Still a poor pick IMO. Not that my opinion matters in the slightest. Oh well. Agreed. He was 5th on my list.
  6. Add in Allen throwing the 5th most TDs with 29 and I still can't understand how he wasn't MVP. He had 15 more total TDs than Jackson and 300 more total yards, just wasn't on near as good a team.
  7. I know Pearsall shocked a bunch of people but I like him more than any of my Gator WRs since 2000 besides Percy Harvin. More than Toney or Van Jefferson as prospects.
  8. Both my older two qualified for state in 4 events each. I hate track so much. 😫
  9. Especially when the Bears with their offense and (and only 2 games with Sweat) went 2-2 with Tyson Bagent lol
  10. I'd only want Ngakoue as a vet min or very near vet min deal. The meathead in me wants to see Campbell line up at 3T and Dexter to line up opposite Sweat. With Billings at NT that is a LOT of beef to let the LBs roam and to stop the run.
  11. You're about 10 hours too late for that. It was tequila Thursday at my home.
  12. Exactly, that why I was talking about him being an UDFA. He had no expectations and outplayed veteran back ups who were suppose to have a big advantage over him, so it is hard to expect too much of him as a starter but seems like at least a serviceable back up option. Let him run scout team and take 2nd team reps, that will be plenty for now.
  13. True but he isn't intended to. PIT was 2-6 with him in 2022 and then 7-2 after trading him. CHI was 0-9 with him in 2022 and 1-4 with him in CHI, but they went 6-6 after he was gone. MIA won 3-6 games he played in during 2023 after CHI traded him there, but were 4-0 when he was inactive. BUF is going to cut him prior to week one and enjoy their 15-2 run from the Claypool Effect. Big brain moves Buffalo, I see you.
  14. Just my two cents, may be completely wrong but whatever. I feel like he has enough arm strength to play QB, but it is a limiting factor for what a team can do. He threw behind his guys way too much but I think a lot of that was the game moving too fast for him (expected from a small school UDFA in his rookie year) and just being inaccurate (again, there was a reason he was an UDFA and Wentz went number 2 overall when coming from a smaller school). I don't think there is anything special about Bagent physically, but there are a ton of QBs hanging around the NFL with mediocre physical gifts. The issue is there are few starting-caliber QBs or top reserves without something special to hang their hat on, at least something above average. Bagent seemed to process faster than Fields but he also was just an inaccurate IMO. Fields had an on-target percentage of 73% to Bagent's 77%, and Fields had a bad throw percentage of 17% to Bagent's 14%. But Bagent got rid of that ball faster and was pressured on about 16% of his drop backs to Fields on 26% of his. This lets me believe Bagent might be slightly more accurate, but only because he is getting rid of the ball faster and Fields is way more aggressive (8.0 intended air yards vs Bagent's 5.8). So close, but Fields has a stronger arm and is uberathletic. So the ball gets there faster and he can run. That's why Fields is the better prospect and will have a better career as a back up IMO. Bagent lacks a cannon to say the least and - from the limited time we were able to watch him - seems to be quick to unload. This means his plus athleticism won't amount to much because he isn't pushing the defense deep, so they can sit on routes and don't have to worry about containment as much. So his only real chances to be worth a damn in the league is to be quick at reading and to be deadly accurate within 10 yards. I think of Bagent as hoping to be post-injury Chad Pennigton. Pennington was deadly accurate and made Brees/Brady quick reads, but he lacked their ability to push the ball deep. So with Bagent you might need to run the same kind of quick hitting style offense Brian Schottenheimer and Tony Sparano ran. With some more work in practice and running scout maybe things slow down and he develops some more accuracy. I'd welcome a better reserve but it wouldn't be a priority for me at this time. Unless you get Tannehill then any reserve QB available is going to be at about the same level as Bagent IMO and you're likely screwed with any of them if Williams misses significant time.
  15. So I went to that link, right-clicked on the image, and clicked on "open image in new tab." If you look at the URL, the new window ends in .gif, while the one you posted does not. I may be off, but I have WAY more success when the URL ends in .gif, .jpg, etc. I added the new URL below the one you posted, pressed enter and the image embeded. Hope that helps bud.