5th Round Pick (138th Overall): Cole Madison [OL; Washington State]

Packerraymond

Just now, incognito_man said:

In 4 years is Cole Madison better than Nelson?

Yes.  Literally every time there's a "can't miss" prospect like Nelson, they miss.  I hate that the Colts drafted him because I want the Colts to be good, but Nelson is going to be playing for a different team in 4 years and we'll either be looking into or giving Madison a second contract. 

Then five years from now, another can't miss guard will be in the draft and I'll have to do the same crap all over again. 

It won't be long before I'm even more obnoxious patting myself on the back.  Back's gonna get injured or something. 

With regards to the the Packers athletic thresholds for OL Madison just barely went over the cut off in some categories.

Madison
Height         Between 6'3" and 6'6"      6'5"
Weight         under 325lbs               313lbs
40 Time        < 5.30s                    5.34s
Short Shuttle  < 4.85s                    4.88s
3 Cone         < 7.85s                    7.86s
Vertical       at least 25"               28.5"
Bench          at least 23                26

32 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yes.  Literally every time there's a "can't miss" prospect like Nelson, they miss.  I hate that the Colts drafted him because I want the Colts to be good, but Nelson is going to be playing for a different team in 4 years and we'll either be looking into or giving Madison a second contract. 

Then five years from now, another can't miss guard will be in the draft and I'll have to do the same crap all over again. 

It won't be long before I'm even more obnoxious patting myself on the back.  Back's gonna get injured or something. 

Icyhot doesn't even help. Believe me I know

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Very productive in college. Think moving him to guard will help him a ton. Add some strength to him and he could be a valuable player. 

I think this is the first time I've ever heard someone call an offensive lineman productive lol

24 minutes ago, Chili said:

With regards to the the Packers athletic thresholds for OL Madison just barely went over the cut off in some categories.

Madison
Height         Between 6'3" and 6'6"      6'5"
Weight         under 325lbs               313lbs
40 Time        < 5.30s                    5.34s
Short Shuttle  < 4.85s                    4.88s
3 Cone         < 7.85s                    7.86s
Vertical       at least 25"               28.5"
Bench          at least 23                26

Pretty close.  Kind of like Alexander is like 1/4" short of the cut-off.  He wasn't drafted, but Lane Taylor was out of the OL blueprint as well.

This does continue the TT pattern of taking college tackles and making them NFL guards.

Archived