2018-2019 NFL Season Predictions (Awards)

Shylo3716

AFC East:
1. Patriots 12-4 (1)
2. Dolphins 9-7
3. Bills 7-9
4. Jets 5-11

AFC North:
1. Steelers 10-6 (3)
2. Ravens 8-8
3. Browns 6-10
4. Bengals 3-13

AFC South:
1. Jaguars 12-4 (2)
2. Texans 10-6 (5)
3. Titans 7-9
4. Colts 3-13

AFC West:
1. Chargers 10-6 (4)
2. Raiders 9-7 (6)
3. Broncos 8-8
4. Chiefs 4-12

NFC East:
1. Eagles 12-4 (2)
2. Giants 9-7
3. Cowboys 8-8
4. Redskins 5-11

NFC North:
1. Vikings 11-5 (3)
2. Packers 10-6 (5)
3. Lions 7-9
4. Bears 5-11

NFC South:
1. Saints 11-5 (4)
2. Falcons 9-7
3. Panthers 8-8
4. Buccaneers 6-10

NFC West:
1. Rams 12-4 (1)
2. 49ers 9-7 (6)
3. Seahawks 7-9
4. Cardinals 4-12

Most Valuable Player: Aaron Rodgers

Offensive Player of the Year: Antonio Brown

Defensive Player of the Year: Aaron Donald

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Saquon Barkley

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Denzel Ward

Comeback Player of the Year: JJ Watt

Coach of the Year: Chargers Coach

AFC Championship Game: Patriots vs Jaguars

NFC Championship Game: Rams vs Eagles

Super Bowl: Rams vs Patriots

Super Bowl Champs: Patriots

Super Bowl MVP: Tom Brady

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

for their sake I hope not.

so thats one playoff contender less this season? :D

but hey, maybe minus and minus makes a plus? i know for sure that Pees will mess things up thus thought Vrabel might have a final say in things.

3 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

It's true. The Colts are easily the worst team in the division and they have Andrew Luck...

You mean a broken QB who hasn't played in 2 years? I can see how that would be a selling point.

I'm not saying that the AFC South isn't an ascending division but it is not one of the strongest divisions.  

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

AFC East:
1. Patriots 12-4 (1)
2. Dolphins 9-7
3. Bills 7-9
4. Jets 5-11

AFC North:
1. Steelers 10-6 (3)
2. Ravens 8-8
3. Browns 6-10
4. Bengals 3-13

AFC South:
1. Jaguars 12-4 (2)
2. Texans 10-6 (5)
3. Titans 7-9
4. Colts 3-13

AFC West:
1. Chargers 10-6 (4)
2. Raiders 9-7 (6)
3. Broncos 8-8
4. Chiefs 4-12

NFC East:
1. Eagles 12-4 (2)
2. Giants 9-7
3. Cowboys 8-8
4. Redskins 5-11

NFC North:
1. Vikings 11-5 (3)
2. Packers 10-6 (5)
3. Lions 7-9
4. Bears 5-11

NFC South:
1. Saints 11-5 (4)
2. Falcons 9-7
3. Panthers 8-8
4. Buccaneers 6-10

NFC West:
1. Rams 12-4 (1)
2. 49ers 9-7 (6)
3. Seahawks 7-9
4. Cardinals 4-12

Almost in complete agreement with your choices if you refer back to mine. The only thing is last place for the Redskins would be really disappointing. One major difference is you and I have the Rams finishing on opposite ends of their division.

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

AFC East:
1. Patriots 12-4 (1)
2. Dolphins 9-7
3. Bills 7-9
4. Jets 5-11

AFC North:
1. Steelers 10-6 (3)
2. Ravens 8-8
3. Browns 6-10
4. Bengals 3-13

AFC South:
1. Jaguars 12-4 (2)
2. Texans 10-6 (5)
3. Titans 7-9
4. Colts 3-13

AFC West:
1. Chargers 10-6 (4)
2. Raiders 9-7 (6)
3. Broncos 8-8
4. Chiefs 4-12

NFC East:
1. Eagles 12-4 (2)
2. Giants 9-7
3. Cowboys 8-8
4. Redskins 5-11

NFC North:
1. Vikings 11-5 (3)
2. Packers 10-6 (5)
3. Lions 7-9
4. Bears 5-11

NFC South:
1. Saints 11-5 (4)
2. Falcons 9-7
3. Panthers 8-8
4. Buccaneers 6-10

NFC West:
1. Rams 12-4 (1)
2. 49ers 9-7 (6)
3. Seahawks 7-9
4. Cardinals 4-12

Who gets the #1 Overall Pick?

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

That's no different than 2016, when Watt missed the year and the D still finished #1.

They did lose Bouye who has shown to be a very, very good corner. Also Mercilus. Another 25% of Jonathan Joseph’s legs. Replaced Cushing with Cunningham. 

Offense threw one more interception and had a very slightly worse 3rd down conversion rate compared to 2016. About the same number of rushing yards totals, but worse on a Y/A basis. Pretty negligible, but a worse offense in a fair number of statistics.

Also had one more sack and the same number of interceptions as 2016. 

I don’t think Vrabel was ready to be a DC let alone HC, but he did about what he could with a defense that was void of talent playing with an offense that wasn’t helping at all.

IMO as far as the AFC South goes:

Colts obviously have a lot more work to do. I think they did a solid job in the Draft beefing up that interior OL. They definitely should have focused more on upgrading the WR position though. Besides TY, it’s really meh. That defense won’t be stopping anybody. I am excited to see how Hooker looks after coming back from injury.

As for the Titans, Robinson has built a pretty solid team. Mariota should be better under Matt LeFleur. I am sure he will tailor that offense to MM’s strengths. I don’t believe Henry is a RB1 but Henry/Lewis compliment each other very well. Corey Davis needs to step up and be that true #1 guy for MM. Show why you were drafted top 5 last year. I really like their defense. They didn’t have many picks in the Draft but Evans and Landry were great selections. We will see how Vrabel does in his rookie year as HC.

The Texans are pretty top heavy. Hampered by injuries last season that they just couldn’t overcome. Watson played pretty good in his 6 starts last season but let’s pump the brakes a little bit. I do think he has a bright future in this league though. That OL is still a major question mark despite making some additions this off-season. At least they don’t have a statue back there as Watson can do damage with his legs as well. The defense has the potential to be extremely good. Who knows what Watt will be when he comes back. He’s missed something like 24 games the last two years. They need to keep Colvin in the slot. We will see if Matheiu can get back to his 2015 form. Hasn’t been the same since that torn ACL.

The Jags are returning 10 of their top 12 players on defense from a year ago. Poz retired and Colvin left for the Texans. The D-Line rotation of Campbell, Malik, Dareus, Yannick, Smoot, Fowler, Abry Jones and Bryan will be filthy. Should be able to keep everyone fresh throughout the year. Bortles was better last year and I expect him to be better this year with another year in Hackett’s system and upgraded weapons. Hopefully Chark and Moncrief can stretch the field to get more defenders out of the box for Fournette. The Jags struggled to run the ball down the stretch with LF hurting and the O-Line play. With the addition of Norwell, a healthy Fournette (maybe) and more touches for Corey Grant, I think we definitely see an improvement in the run game this season. The Jags stayed extremely healthy last year and had an easy schedule. They won’t be as healthy this year probably and play a 1st place schedule.

With Luck and Watson returning, Titans having the Jags number last year, if the Jags win the AFC South again, it won’t be easy.

I always love these prediction threads because you always have fans arguing that their team is too good to finish with a bad record.    Now, dont get me wrong, Im not knocking anyone for defending their team, especially if someone isnt ellaborating why they feel a team wont be good, but there are always teams that people dont expect to finish bottom 10 in the league that do.    Every year you hear the logic "We finished with (x) amount of wins last year and we only got better", only to see that team finish with a worse record than the previous year.

Point being....there are going to be a handful of teams that are going to finish with less than 6 wins.....and a couple of them could be teams that headed into 2018 with much higher expectations.

Archived